Shop Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BitterBuick

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I moved from Oahu about a year and a half ago, but have yet to do a Tampa area dive. I wanted to know if anyone could recommend a decent dive shop in the Tampa Bay area?

I would need to get my gear checked out if it may need any repairs since being in storage for a year. Also, I would feel more comfortable if there were any shops that offered refresher courses before I start diving again.

Thanks!!

P.S. I think I posted on here a long time ago for introductions, but then disappeared due to work obligations. So if anyone recognizes my screen name, I didn't leave because I hate you guys.:D

It all depends on what area of Tampa you live in. I am in the Brandon/ east end of Tampa. I work with Scuba Quest in Brandon as an Instructor so I am a little biased but it is a very good shop.

If you are on the west side of Tampa I would recommend Divers Supply. The manager is a friend of mine and a very good Instructor. This is a PADI shop and Scuba Quest is a NAUI shop.

Both shops do refresher classes. Both shops have full service for repairs and maintenance.
If you are looking for instruction for your refresher shoot me a PM and we can chat about it. I might be able to get it done for you pretty quickly so you are ready for dive season.

It all depends on what area of Tampa you live in. I am in the Brandon/ east end of Tampa. I work with Scuba Quest in Brandon as an Instructor so I am a little biased but it is a very good shop.

:thumb: on the Scuba Quest recommendation.

I dont work for Scuba Quest in Brandon but HIGHLY recommend them to all. The manager, Brandon, is a great diver and has the best deals I know of. I live more than 40 miles from his shop but still buy from him, passing countless shops to get there!

If you live near USF, Jim at Scuba Haven on Fowler is a great guy. Did my NAUI advanced ow and EANx with him. He has two compressors and runs a great scubapro service center.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom