Recommendations for Cancun in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdoc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Traveling to Cancun at the end of May and will have one, maybe 2 days to dive.
I am looking for recommendations and suggestions for location and reputable dive outfitter there.
Thanks in advance!

hello I have dove with mayanaquadive MAD team several times and was very happy they will pick you up from your hotel and drop you off at no extra charge
you will feel like you are a part of there family the staff are very professional and fun the boat is great large enough for about 18 divers but they take small groups 4 to 8
if you have your own equipment they will rinse and store it for you or if you need equipment they have good quality equipment that is included in the price check out Mayan Aqua Dive offers Cancun Diving, Snorkeling, Cavern Diving, Cozumel Dives&PADI Courses you will be happy you did have a great time in Cancun tell the MAD team Fred the cowboy said hello

Scorpio divers is who I always go with in Cancun. They are excellent and make your dives memorable. Ben and Jorge are great people.

Check out Always diving........Alavaro is an amazing diver, and photographer

I was just in Cancun for a week and went for my first dive after getting PADI certified last summer. Only dove 1 day and wanted to take it easy my first dive. I had searched a lot of the dive shops online. I also had looked a lot at tripadvisor.com for past reviews. I got emails back from a few. A few recommended to go with are Scuba Cancun, Manta divers, Scorpio. I ended up going with a little shop called SCUBA Fred's who also works with Nautilus. It's a tiny shop located in the Clipper club resort up by Senior Frogs. They normally do a morning reef dive of 50-60'. I went with them because I wanted to do a shallow dive at the reef that's 25-30' where they normally take the resort dive class people. I asked for this dive and they took us, me and my friend, in the afternoon. We were the only 2 people to go and they had absoulutely no problem with that. Fred is American so was easy to talk to set up my requests. Rental equipment was fine. They set it all up for you on the boat. About $60-70 total. Climente was our dive guide and was very good and patient. They took our pictures and if you want to buy a DVD it is expensive, $50, but me and my buddy split it and burned a copy back home. They don't pressure you at all to buy it. They delivered it the next day to our resort and paid for it then.
The main reason I went with them was they had a rep. for being safety conscious. They have a max of 4 divers per guide. They said if you come with a group of 6 there will be 2 guides in the water. They explained very well how the entire dive would go from entering the water to exiting prior to the dive. When I go back to Cancun I will use them again. There is a lot of competion. They took us to sites that we could go down a line since it was our first dives in ocean current to help clear ears. On 2nd dive we seen 5 sea turtles. AWESOME.
DONT GO WITH AQUAWORLD. SEND YOU OUT LIKE CATTLE.
mcachoa@gmail.com>

+1 for Alvaro at AlwaysDiving. We will be in Cancun May 1st, diving with him for the third year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom