NEW Eezycut Trilobite Line Cutter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I own one of these. It really does work as well as they say. Cuts through webbing like air. Also, it has a nice slim profile. Highly recommended.

I've just seen these here in Oz but was wondering what the experience is regarding rust/corrosion.

I've just seen these here in Oz but was wondering what the experience is regarding rust/corrosion.

i almost bought one, and a couple of small accessories, but $26.68 for 2nd day shipping? That's half of the total cost of the products in the cart. No thanks, I'll buy whatever LeisurePro has as the equivalent, shipping being a more reasonable $15.50.

i almost bought one, and a couple of small accessories, but $26.68 for 2nd day shipping? That's half of the total cost of the products in the cart. No thanks, I'll buy whatever LeisurePro has as the equivalent, shipping being a more reasonable $15.50.

I apologize for that, maybe you didn't see the Shipping Notes in Red on the Checkout Page:
SHIPPING PRICES: Shipping prices displayed below are only ESTIMATES and are usually high, especially on International orders which we normally ship with USPS due to brokerage fees and costs. We ship the BEST WAY and you are only charged the actual shipping costs we pay to the carrier. You can see our Shipping policy HERE. On most orders, except Paypal and special orders, you will not be charged until the item ships. We will automatically adjust your shipping fees before the item ships or refund the difference if you pay with Paypal.

We don't control the Shipping Estimator that USPS and UPS use. Our site only links to their info, it doesn't calculate it.

I am sure if you gave us the chance to recheck what you were purchasing, the cost would be much less

I apologize for that, maybe you didn't see the Shipping Notes in Red on the Checkout Page:
SHIPPING PRICES: Shipping prices displayed below are only ESTIMATES and are usually high, especially on International orders which we normally ship with USPS due to brokerage fees and costs. We ship the BEST WAY and you are only charged the actual shipping costs we pay to the carrier. You can see our Shipping policy HERE. On most orders, except Paypal and special orders, you will not be charged until the item ships. We will automatically adjust your shipping fees before the item ships or refund the difference if you pay with Paypal.

We don't control the Shipping Estimator that USPS and UPS use. Our site only links to their info, it doesn't calculate it.

I am sure if you gave us the chance to recheck what you were purchasing, the cost would be much less

So, you are saying there is no way of knowing what the shipping would be? So, it COULD have been less?

Well, one (actually two) of your competitors had much more competitive shipping, so I bought from them (plus a number of other items I needed).

First rule of retail is: Don't drive your customers away. And if you are referencing the fine print in your rationalization, you've already lost the battle.

So, you are saying there is no way of knowing what the shipping would be? So, it COULD have been less?

Yes, as it says in the explanation, the shipping can be less. I am uncertain what you were buying, but computers aren't always smart :wink: So, if your buying 50ft of bungee cord from us, on the back end - the system asks us for a weight for the product when it is entered into the system. There is no option for less than 1lb. So, if you buy 50ft, it automatically thinks that it is 50lbs (50 x1ft sections at 1lb each). We all know that bungee doesn't weigh even close to that.

As I said, I don't know what you were purchasing, but I would like to look into it to see what happened. Please PM me if you don't mind so we can try and figure out the problem. We are always trying to make our site better and improve. When we don't have the option to know what was wrong, we can't fix things.

I am sure some of my competitors do have better shipping rates...some of them do $30 mil a year. We are not close to that, although we do our best. Again, our site is not perfect, we are always fixing and trying to make it better. Thanks for your criticism, it is the only way to make things better!

i have to agree with davidctomlinson, i have been very interested in buying one of your products but found it hard to justify paying unexact international shipping rates,i still want the item i was looking at but will take a chance and hope i can get on when i am in the US so i know exactly what i am paying,,unfortunately i dont travel south often so waiting for this product means less time diving it :(

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom