Anyone work on fish farms?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flynner

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hi, im joe from victoria bc and i was interested in working in the fish farm industry. i dont have my occupational certificate or my unrestricted surface supply yet because i have know idea what i would want to do as a career in the commercial dive industry.i was wondering if anyone out there has worked on a fish farm and could tell me a bit about it like.... is it good money? enjoyable?is it a tuff job?as far as i know they make at least $21 CA anhour but if you have your unresticted surface supply its more

Hi, I am in victoria and I am occupational scuba and surface supply. Fish farm jobs pay $250 per day and are in Tofino and Campbell River and Comox area. Of course these are tough jobs. You make alittle more for surface supply, but not really worth the extra money cause it cost ovedr $5000 for the certification, and the equipment used is alot heavier and difficult as hell to use on a day to day basies. For the extra $50. per day pay, its not worth it. But, thats my opinion. Any other questions?

thanx for the reply are you working any fish farms right now? what school did you go too?

Hello i am new to the board , i am a commercial diver living in ontario looking for work on fish farms in B C can any one give me contacts for employment . I have surface supplied also unrestricted commercial scuba with nitrox . Thank you

how does one start fish farm training and what does it entail?

a friend of mine is ridiculously athletic and is himself a fish and needs a physical job around water. the more physical the work the better.

Back
Top Bottom