Valhalla feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there two weeks ago, water temp was 57 degress. Visibility was about 30-35'. It was the first time I was there, great time. Now I can say I dove a missle silo.

Cost is $75
You will need to bring everything with you as there is only the silo there. If you need an extra tank please let me know so I may arrange for one for you.
The water is cold (57 degrees) so please bring either your drysuit or enough thermal protection with hood and gloves.
Depth is about 115'[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Directions to Site: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Southwest of Abilene, TX on HWY 277 (Approx. 22 miles from HWY 83 interchange) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Paved road on left side of HWY 277 opposite red & white radio antenna (on right) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dive Valhalla is exactly 5 miles South of Coronado's Camp at Hwy 89 on HWY 277. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
A toilet and hot shower is available in the staging/changing area. A few gas stations and restaurants are available between the Dive Valhalla and Abilene on HWY 277. A wide selection of restaurants and lodging are available in Abilene. Most are located along the loop when you turn right off of HWY 277. Coronado’s Camp (325) 572-3985 is a great hamburger/barbecue place, but has limited hours.

I will not be camping out so we will have to leave the site at dark. Diving is otherwise from 9am Saturday to 1pm on Sunday.

If you wish to go please call the Dive Shop, 512-396-3483, to pay over the phone and we can email out a Waiver for you to fill out and bring with you. Without this waiver you can not dive...but I will bring extras to the site along with your receipt.

It is a very unique dive and one great for the dive log. Plus it counts toward Dive Around Texas! :D

Thank you and happy diving
Michelle

Is there or will there be a compressor on site or do I need to bring as many tanks as I plan on dives?

You need to bring as many tanks as you plan on dives.

Also remember to bring any drinks and snacks you may want/need.

No camping on site, sorry. There should be a place to camp near by though.

I agree with superspeed I would like to go. I live in Abilene so it would be no problem. Are you all still haveing the dive this weekend even with the weather.

Awesome Dives! Thanks to Michelle and crew for putting it together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom