Diving near Clearwater Florida??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hokie Diver1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Evening board members. I have obtained my OW certification and am looking to "spread my wings". It's time to hang up the rifle and bow for the season and hit the warm weather adventures. I have a vacation home on Clearwater Island, FL and am looking for dive sites nearby. I have searched the web, but wanted to get advice from members. Thanks in advance for all your input and recommendations.

Well you came to the right place just the wrong category. They may move this to the appropriate category. None the less check out details on a wreck called the sheridan :)

Thanks k ellis.......should I have posted this in the "Basic Scuba Discussions" section?? I am a new diver, so I thought since the title of this category was "new divers and those considering diving", I was in the right place. Will I be notified if my post is moved? I don't want to miss out on the recommendations of the members. I'll definitely check out the sheridan.

Take a trip down the coast to Venice, FL for shark tooth diving. Our pal Capt. Jamie has a boat, the "Aristacat" set up just for this. The water is stll rather cold for this' but in a couple of months the fun is on.

Check my photo.

Hi Hokie, and welcome to the Board!

Check this out ...

Florida Conch Divers - ScubaBoard

... for everything you want to know about dive sites down your way.

Thanks k ellis.......should I have posted this in the "Basic Scuba Discussions" section?? I am a new diver, so I thought since the title of this category was "new divers and those considering diving", I was in the right place. Will I be notified if my post is moved? I don't want to miss out on the recommendations of the members. I'll definitely check out the sheridan.

LOL Its ok we are all new at one time so dont worry about it. Before I got back to you there was another reply that answered your question and its right here

Hi Hokie, and welcome to the Board!

Check this out ...

Florida Conch Divers - ScubaBoard

... for everything you want to know about dive sites down your way.

Thats the place you should look. If you just scroll down a little on the screen there are categories for diving the world over based upon regions which breaks down into smaller ares like in the U.S. you have midwest muckdivers and then categories for southwest east coast etc....... (I think those categories are right off the top of my head) but thats the place to check out local information.

Nothing wrong with posting here though as most and I do say most of our members are here to learn as well as help others learn about diving in a constructive manner.

When you post questions in the new divers forum it would be as an example questions like what BCD is a good brand or what kind classes should I take and things like that. You can then move up to basic Scuba where you discuss day to day items like what type of diving you like to do and what you look for in diving things like that.

Most times questions are accepted in any category and when a mod sees it misplaced he will simply move it for you and you can find it easily by just looking in your subscriptions list located in the drop down bar titled quick links.

Hope this helps :) and Ill look around more for information mean while I am sure there will be more replys from locals!

Very nice, did you happen to run into the fellow that lost this tooth??

That Megalodon passed through about 10 million years before I did. Hurricane Ike stirred up the bottom and I found the fossil tooth sitting with one edge up.

You could try Crystal River, and Rainbow River, and if your up for a little drive you could try the some of the Springs near Ocala, Gainsville, High Springs, and Tallahassee, if you like camping Ginnie Springs is a great place!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom