Most Pointless and Ridiculous Thread Ever on ScubaBoard!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow, umm I've been pretty darn good, so has Meg, and the kids, I am thinking about attending Ocean Corp's Commercial Diving School to become a commercial diver... but I am not sure yet if I am going to do that or if I am going to become an instructor... lol hard choice, but if i go commercial I would want to do saturation diving...

wow, umm I've been pretty darn good, so has Meg, and the kids, I am thinking about attending Ocean Corp's Commercial Diving School to become a commercial diver... but I am not sure yet if I am going to do that or if I am going to become an instructor... lol hard choice, but if i go commercial I would want to do saturation diving...

I would think that having 2 new borns you would want a job that pays well. I imagine that commercial diving would pay better that a scuba instructor.

I would think that having 2 new borns you would want a job that pays well. I imagine that commercial diving would pay better that a scuba instructor.
Very true, I was leaning more toward Commercial, I do however plan to be a flight instructor and teach flying on the side.... Meg is getting her Insurance license and has been offered a job selling insurance at 17.50 hr plus commision, she also plans on becoming a flight instructor to do on the side, but thats later on down the road ...

Long time no see .. glad that you meg and the kids are all well.

Think long and hard about turning a hobby into a job ...

Long time no see .. glad that you meg and the kids are all well.

Think long and hard about turning a hobby into a job ...

Yea, i know, How ya been?

I have been giving it a lot of thought, enough that I lose sleep over it...

still not sure what to do, if I can make a successful career out of Commercial Diving I will do it, but theres no gaurentee, but i guess that goes the same for any other job, mabey I would be better of going to a flight academy and getting my commercial pilots license instead and building my hours with a commuter then once i got my Airline Transport Pilots License getting on with a Corporate Airline and fly a private jet like my father... the choice is soooo hard! lol

Flight instruction is not that glamorous either...the senior guys here only make around $35.00 to $45.00 an hour...

Yea, i know, How ya been?

I have been giving it a lot of thought, enough that I lose sleep over it...

still not sure what to do, if I can make a successful career out of Commercial Diving I will do it, but theres no gaurentee, but i guess that goes the same for any other job, mabey I would be better of going to a flight academy and getting my commercial pilots license instead and building my hours with a commuter then once i got my Airline Transport Pilots License getting on with a Corporate Airline and fly a private jet like my father... the choice is soooo hard! lol

Have you considered applying as an Astronaut for NASA?

That way you could train in their Neutral Buoyancy Simulator, which is the pool they dive in pre-mission, and then get your flight hours in the Space Shuttle (or it's replacement) after pool training?

that'd be pretty cool. Aim high! :thumb:

Or even better yet, you could become a flight surgeon for the Navy Seals. That way you could be a pilot, doctor, scuba diver and a sailor and get in very good shape at the same time! Plus, all Navy guys get fire fighting training so you could also be a fireman. Also, many ex-military people get elected President. Just think of the possibilities. Meow.

Don't listen to Slayah. A buddy of mine is a former Navy Seal, and he never even was asked to run for President. He would have been AWESOME in elected office. Maybe it's 'cause he wasn't a flight surgeon - never looked at it that way before? :idk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom