ScubaPro/Faber tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah I would definitely O2 clean the tanks. Hydro test water is likely just room temp tap water, and unless you asked for the tanks to be O2 cleaned after the hydro test, it's unlikely they were, and not worth the risk.

Jimmer. Yeah . I talked to the shop that did the vis and Hydro and they just put a Buna C or whatever NPR o ring not a Viton one. so that is a do. I have heard numerous things regarding 02 cleaning of steel tanks both pro and con more washing introducing more possibility of flash rust? . I have cleaned Alu tanks before and have a plywood and rope rack to keep the tank upside down while flushing the Simple green out but have had to go at threads with a hair dryer in past.
I was hoping to hear again from Vance on this one.
Looks like I will buy a new 4th edition copy of his Oxy Hacker as a resource for exactly this kind of information. I greatly appreciated his last post here although dive shops seem to do as they wish or feel. When talking to the shop that did the hydro vis their tech does not believe that those 2 tanks are lp95s . I believe he thinks the REE # of 73 is the tank size but did not press.

Regards Bill

When talking to the shop that did the hydro vis their tech does not believe that those 2 tanks are lp95s . I believe he thinks the REE # of 73 is the tank size but did not press.

Regards Bill

Wow, if that's the case, they need to seriously educate that tech.

I think that shop told the fellow that had the tanks they were lp 68s or 73's. The one that was full since the hydro had 2250 in it. Fellow that sold them to me found he had a slightly less than usual (ALU 80) bottom time on the steel tank. there was about 500lbs left in that one .
I sort of think poor shop advice sent me a heavyweight bargain .

Does your tank light need batteries?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom