Desiccant packs in Ikelite housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Inertia

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am try to find out if anyone is using desiccant packs in their camera housing. If so, I am looking for information on which packs were used and where they were purchased.

Thanks in advance,

Inertia

I use desiccant packs during storage only. During dives I place panty liners in the bottom of my housing and depend on my leak indicator to warn of flooding.

I use desiccant packs during storage only. During dives I place panty liners in the bottom of my housing and depend on my leak indicator to warn of flooding.

I tried that but the lady I was trying to talk out of hers wouldn't go for it. :wink:

I use various dessicants that I come up with at work. I'm in electronics so we get quite a few in so I'm never at a loss for them.

Just out of curiosity, how long do the desiccant packets from electronics work in the housing? I've been thinking of doing the same thing, as I work in the computer field and always have a few laying around.

Just out of curiosity, how long do the desiccant packets from electronics work in the housing? I've been thinking of doing the same thing, as I work in the computer field and always have a few laying around.

I put them in several places in the housings and check them every couple days. If I'm gone a week, I usually throw them away when I get home. I have also been known to use tampons cut in half. Cut off the string first though :)

Thanks. Good info for experimenting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom