Who Makes The Best Regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me Atomic first and SP very close second. Both are US and Atomic is ALL US including manufacturing.

SP regs are NOT all made in US at all...sorry.

I looked for a reasons to buy NA. I needed something that could handle all driving conditions, ice, snow, rain, gravel roads etc. while at the same time being fun and efficient to drive. It's not unusual for me to do 400-500 kms in a day maybe 8 or 9 times a month.

North American vehicles just couldnt cut it nor would any of them be worth anything after 2 years......went with an Audi A3 2.0 turbo S-Line.

What a fun car to drive.

Jeep Wrangler.

That is not what I said. Atomic is ALL US. SP is some and some not but SP is 100% US company.

Well, if you are so pro USA sell your Mercedes and buy a Ford.

In the meantime, it is quite obvious that most regulators are made outside the US. Lots are generic clones coming from the same factory. It certainly does not mean that they are not very good regs.

Branding and marketing often influence the price.

I have about 12 regs on pegs in my dive locker. I have a 1974 Scuba-Pro MK-5, a great USD Conshelf, a Swimaster MR-12, a very well dived Poseidon-one of my favs, and many models of Apollo regs including the limited edition Titanium regulator. My favorites are the MR-12 and the T model Apollo with the Poseidon Octo.

Well, if you are so pro USA sell your Mercedes and buy a Ford.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I owned a Mercedes, I don't. In the US all of the cars I own(ed) are US starting with my first junk box while I was a college student!!!

In Libya where I am now, there haven't been any US car dealers up until very recently where a very small Chevy dealer opened up not too long ago. They don't have the full range of cars just yet. As far as I know, there are no Ford or Chrysler dealers in Libya yet. Most of the Chevy cars here are re-branded Daewoo cars made in Korea which I'll NEVER buy.

In my day job (IT, Security, etc.), we sell almost 100% US products and services with some few exceptions where certain products need to be from Canada or Western Europe for specific purposes and/or availability. We don't sell Chinese anything.

Reactions: mdb
Besides the SP Mk 5, the USD Conshelf was probably the most copied regulator. There are quite a few manufacturers whose regs are internally identical to the Conshelf. Bullet proof and easy to rebuild I think it was one of the best designs ever. My personal favorite reg is the USD Royal Aquamaster, which also uses Conshelf parts.

hmmm, did you know that at one time in the Japanese market Bridgestone (the tire brand) had their own line of dive gear including regulators?

I learn something every day on SB....no, I did not know that.

What happened? Did they go out of business or just .... re tire? :D

Jeep Wrangler.

I actually took a few of the Jeep/Dodge models out for a spin. Would be a nice unit as long as you dont have to sit in it for any extended periods of time. The Grand Cherokee was nice but still, in two years its just another jeep Cherokee worth about a third of what I paid for it.

Back
Top Bottom