Primer vs. Fundies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that should be part of the equipment check.

blurb i wrote up on my blog about the GUE EDGE check:

GUE EDGE and Efficiency | Spherical Chicken

rear wing dump is #11 and should be both that it dumps and is screwed in.

Yes, thanks for posting this link. I viewed it and found it very helpful. I am new to the GUE world of diving so I scheduled a one-on-one equipment orientation session this past weekend with Extreme Exposure in High Springs, FL. It did not go well and I need to find a primer class or another dive shop from which I can get my gear orientation down pat prior to taking the fundies class. I doubt I will ever use Extreme Exposure again.

I posted in detail a trip report of my unpleasant experience in the Whine and Cheeze forum so no one has to endure what I did. It was money and time shot down the tube.

GUE like most other organizations is made up with instructors of varying personalities and traits. I am sure you will receive several alternative recommendations of instructors among the organization's ranks. My PM is on the way. I am sure your next experience will not disappoint. :wink:

Last edited:
Yes, thanks for posting this link. I viewed it and found it very helpful. I am new to the GUE world of diving so I scheduled a one-on-one equipment orientation session this past weekend with Extreme Exposure in High Springs, FL. It did not go well and I need to find a primer class or another dive shop from which I can get my gear orientation down pat prior to taking the fundies class. I doubt I will ever use Extreme Exposure again.

I posted in detail a trip report of my unpleasant experience in the Whine and Cheeze forum so no one has to endure what I did. It was money and time shot down the tube.

I'm getting inundated with PMs regarding my post on Whine and Cheese about my unpleasant experience with Extreme Exposure this past weekend. Although I'll be happy to answer as many PMs as I can, it is easier to read the thread, especially my second post where I unjumbled the numbered section of events. Also, it is surprising how many people will PM me but won't publicly comment their own experiences with Doug Mudry and Extreme Exposure.

Here is the link:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/wh...erience-extreme-exposure-high-springs-fl.html

Again, my intent is not a personal attack on anyone. This is a factual trip report where the customer (me) lost out. Business is business, and I'm just reporting the events as they happened because I refuse to be walked over by Doug Mudry and simply state "I was sastisfied" like Doug kept trying to coach me into saying before I left Extreme Exposure store. (Again, I wonder if he would try that Jedi mind trick on a male diver.)Simply put, I was satisfied with Dan Patterson and how he did his best to make up for the unprofessional errors of Doug Mudry and Zack of Extreme Exposure. (EE should give Dan a raise or better yet, Doug's job.) I was in no way satisfied with Doug and Zack, and EE's business practices.

For those of you asking about the purchase of Halycon gear for yourselves, I am no gear expert and don't pretend to be. I did love the gear (with what little I was able to use it after driving 4 hours), that is why I wanted to learn my gear and be introduced to it properly. And, that is why I took the time to schedule this session. I cannot and will never promote EE for the purchase of H-gear as long as Doug runs the shop. I recommend Chris Brown of Silent World Dive Center.

I'm a good diver wanting to become a better diver and wanting to continually improve my skills. My time and money are valuable to me, but I am willing to spend both with a reputable and professional dive outfit/instructor who will respect me and my time, and not just my money. Something EE and Doug did not do.

I'm getting inundated with PMs regarding my post on Whine and Cheese about my unpleasant experience with Extreme Exposure this past weekend. Although I'll be happy to answer as many PMs as I can, it is easier to read the thread, especially my second post where I unjumbled the numbered section of events. Also, it is surprising how many people will PM me but won't publicly comment their own experiences with Doug Mudry and Extreme Exposure.

Here is the link:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/wh...erience-extreme-exposure-high-springs-fl.html

Again, my intent is not a personal attack on anyone. This is a factual trip report where the customer (me) lost out. Business is business, and I'm just reporting the events as they happened because I refuse to be walked over by Doug Mudry and simply state "I was sastisfied" like Doug kept trying to coach me into saying before I left Extreme Exposure store. (Again, I wonder if he would try that Jedi mind trick on a male diver.)Simply put, I was satisfied with Dan Patterson and how he did his best to make up for the unprofessional errors of Doug Mudry and Zack of Extreme Exposure. (EE should give Dan a raise or better yet, Doug's job.) I was in no way satisfied with Doug and Zack, and EE's business practices.

For those of you asking about the purchase of Halycon gear for yourselves, I am no gear expert and don't pretend to be. I did love the gear (with what little I was able to use it after driving 4 hours), that is why I wanted to learn my gear and be introduced to it properly. And, that is why I took the time to schedule this session. I cannot and will never promote EE for the purchase of H-gear as long as Doug runs the shop. I recommend Chris Brown of Silent World Dive Center.

I'm a good diver wanting to become a better diver and wanting to continually improve my skills. My time and money are valuable to me, but I am willing to spend both with a reputable and professional dive outfit/instructor who will respect me and my time, and not just my money. Something EE and Doug did not do.

You're in the wrong thread.

You're in the wrong thread.

Thank you, Evad. You are right, that is why I posted the link to direct readers to the correct thread.

My original post in this thread was in response to the helpful video link about the GUE-EDGE, as tha is what I was hoping to glean this past weekend as I prepare to take fundies (and am trying to decide between taking primer and fundies)

Then (wham!) I became literally indundated with PMs of people asking questions and sharing their own experiences, so I wanted to direct them to the correct thread in Whine and Cheeze.

It was easier to post this "this thread redirect" than responding to all the PMs as all the PMs were actually stalling my phone.

I appreciate your help.

Can You swim backwards?

Yes, I can swim backwards doing a "frog kick" (if that is what you mean). Granted not very fast, but then I'm not sure how "fast" one is expected to swim backwards this way either.

Again, this style of diving, as well as the equipment, is all very new to me, and I am eager to learn it.

The equipment and "lingo" are new to me, and I have to break habits that I've acquired using my jacket bc over the years and relearn new ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom