canon wp-v2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@ Mark_BC -

How do you like using the hf200 with wp-v2? I'm in the same boat you are (not literally). I have a hf200 and canon has decided to stop making the wp-v1. Does everything function normally once you "modify the baseplate" (which I'm assuming means moving the screw)?

I just bought the WP-V1 from BH-Photo. The site said that they didn't have any in stock. I called and they did. Got it in 3 days. Try your luck. I called Canon and they told me that the HF200 is not compatible with the WP-V2.

Thanks for posting the info Mark!:D Do you think a M300 would fit wp-v1?
I wouldn't put to much cloth in there, the heat will build up like you had wrapped your camera in a blanket. Maybe a couple of thin bits of foam or rubber might be better!
Have a good trip!

In 2 years, never any heat...this is a DIGITAL camera. No motors as in tape drives thus no heat. Do YOU have heat? Maybe a faulty camera.

I own a HF M31 and a WP-V2... Took it down for some 15-20 dives; never had any heat buildup problems, as well...

Regards
Kaya - theXXXL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom