d800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sharkdiver289

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I trust fellow divers more than I trust other websites...anyone hear anything about the D800? Any reliable rumors regarding release date or pricing?

Nikon and Canon keep things pretty secretive, so until there is an official announcement, rumors are just rumors...

Nikon and Canon are more than secretive. I have yet to see a Nikon rumor pan out. I think the companies could easily give security lessons to the US State Department, the CIA and the US Armed Forces.

That being said, the D700 would seem to be long in the tooth. But it is still a good camera with its superb high ISO performance. So who knows when Nikon will get along with the replacement for it?

With the high ISO performance and the large sensor of the D700, it would seem to be a superb camera for use underwater. But there is no telling how long you would wait for a replacement to it.

Look at the timescales between the old film cameras F1 to F5 (I own an F3).

I know that digital technology is moving faster however I doubt I could afford to change my camera and housing every couple of years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom