Light for Warm Water Day Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Revid1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking for a small not cumbersome light to carry, or one that can be attached to my wrist for daytime diving at depth in the Caribbean. Just want to be able to shine into crevices and on coral where the sunlight doesn't penetrate. Any suggestions? Thanks.

There are a number of lights that will meet your needs for daytime diving. A light with a narrow beam works best like the one pnw diver suggested. I also prefer one with standard batteries ( AA or AAA ) so you can use rechargeables. I have been using Duracell Copper Top. There are also lights that will adjust from a narrow beam to a wide or flood but you will pay a lot more for those. I prefer to have two (actualy three) different lights and use the other as a back up on night dives!

Last edited:
I am not the most experinced diver out there but I would not recommend diving with a light in the day time. Just for the fact of the matter being that it would use battery power that you could be using during a night dive. Although if you were to dive with a light during the day I would recommend the Aquatec Aqua LED 230 Lumen Torch. It is a small lightweight light that could be used for a day dive, cave, reck, or night dive.

Just about any small back up light will do the trick. I dive with a light regardless of it being day or night. Mostly the day dives it is a just in case light or for, like you want to do, look in holes. I use a Light Monkey 3C Rat. I love it. It is well built and bright. I also like how reliable it is. Being a twist on, it is less likely to be turned on accidentally when you do not need it, either blinding your buddy or running down the batteries.

Twist on lights generally are the ones that come on when you don't want them to due to water pressure. They are less likely to come on by accident in your travel luggage I suppose.

+1 for the Intova... it seems to be indestructable...

Like the Intova Ultra Nova. If $ is an issue, it is hard to beat the Princeton Tech 40 Halogen that can be found for under $13- heck I use this as a primary on night dives sometimes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom