Atomic Z2 or Oceanic GT3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gt3/cdx5 by far. This was my choices when I bought my reg 2 months ago. Chose the gt3 and haven't regretted it. I dive colder water and the gt3 has the only sealed 1st stage between the 2. And its less expensive. Scuba.com has the setup for $225. That's where I got mine.

So, you'll notice those experienced with Atomic Regs can freely compare the breathing ability of the Z2x with the $1,500 T2x and not get challenged, yet the GT3 is never compared to the EOS or Delta 4. There's a reason for that, buy the Atomic.

PS - I own the CDX5/GT3, Z2x, ST1, and Ti2 among others. You'll love the Atomic, and don't let the initial purchase price of the Z2x fool you. The CDX5/GT3 gets service annually where as the Z2x calls for a two-year service interval.

Thanks for all the replies... going tomorrow to my LDS to buy the
atomics... Won't be diving till june but will let everyone know about it after I get to use it!!
Can't wait...

I found myself asking that very same question not a week ago. I am new to the sport and I own a few things Oceanic and found them to be solid products. A few of my master diver buddies use the GT3/CDX5 and love it. My instructor, and the rest of my friends use Atomic. I ended up choosing the Atomic Z2 simply because of their reputation and their service/warranty. Now I am kicking myself for not buying the Z2x. I guess I will have to put the swivel on my second stage later.

To sum it up. Oceanic is nice, but ATOMIC IS THE WAY TO GO.

So, you'll notice those experienced with Atomic Regs can freely compare the breathing ability of the Z2x with the $1,500 T2x and not get challenged...

Yeah, as much as I'd love to be able to say my T2x is a better breather than my wife's Z2x, in all honesty I can't tell the difference between the two underwater.

Above water, my T2 kicks butt in every way but I have to concede her Z2x is a much better value.

Good choice, Lynn. As others have said, get the Z2x so you'll have the second stage swivel. You may even want to consider a first stage swivel--I got one for my wife's Z2x since I have one on my T2x--but it's another $100.

Have fun on your trip!

Went yesterday and bought the Atomic Z2... since I put it on layaway I will wait till I pick it up to add the swivel to it...
Thanks again for all the help and can't wait to dive with it!!!

Back
Top Bottom