Dry suit recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello I am knew to scuba board and looking for a dry suit recommedation. I dive the great lakes specifically lake Huron and some quarries in Ohio. I have used a Viking in the past and liked it, but just would like some outside opinions.:)

Thanks

White's Fusion is the way to go! It is VERY flexible and you will be able to frog kick, modified flutter, and flutter with ease.

Sport Diving - Fusion Bullet Drysuit - Whites Diving

Thank you all for the suggestions. I like what I see with the whites suits but has anyone ever tried a otter skin suit?

I have an older Andy's dry suit basically held together with Aquaseal, but it still works good. The trouble is they quit making Andy's suits a few years back- tough suits, good prices. Eventually this one is going to be too bad to repair anymore (this is actually my 3rd. dry suit) then I'll have to find another brand. From what I've read, Viking suits are one of the top shelf ones out there.

I would recommend Bare. I have used Bare wet and dry suits when I was a commercial dive and both stood up very well to thousands of hours in the water doing bridge reconstruction. I also used Poseidon and Viking dry suits. While the Viking was easier to work in I did not like the idea of loosing all of your buoyancy if the suit ripped. Regardless of what brand you choose I would stay with a neoprene dry suit.

I have a Hollis Fx100 biodry, very light and flexible, love this suit! My Favorite laminated suit I have owned thus far (had a seatec, whites trilam, and have dove the pinnacle suits)
Also have used several neoprene suits a Bare d6, poseidan unisuit, apollo. Not a fan of the apollo, didn't like the boots or the stoopid vents, the unisuit was very nice and thick easy to don hard to justify the price, and the loong zipper though. The bare d6 was nice good price but not self donning.

I agree with the Bare suit being a good suit but the lifetime warranty is great I had to send mine back to the glove ring collars to be replaced from cracking and I was pleasantly surprised when it was return 3 weeks latter with 2 new collars not just the 1 cracked one and the zipper repaired that I did not even know had a problem all at no cost to me. What a pleasant experience. I will go with Bare for my next suit for sure and I recommend them to all my students.

there all good, go with what your local dealer has. some things that I think are an absolute must's are, dry gloves, wrist dump exhaust valve, built in heavy soled boots that are one size to big for me and neoprene neck seal.

I own 2 DUI dry suits...TLS350 for rec diving and a RS1050 for work...love them both

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom