Any airport construction noise at night for those staying near the airport?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jennfl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We will be in Bonaire, staying at the Waterlands Village May 5th-12th. From what I understand, it's located very close to the airport.

Anyone else staying close to the airport right now or within the last couple weeks? How's the noise at night?

Just curious.

Waterlands is at the base of the runway. I have not slept there but would imagine the noise will be extreme when planes take off. They do have an 8 foot or so wall surrounding the property. I wonder if that also blocks the wind. I live in Belnem at the base of the runway on the other side. The noice is extreme at take off. I don't hear the CO arrive Sat. or Sunday but take offs from the KLM for sure. The note about Divi won't help since that is 2-3 miles from Waterlands. As far as construction, cannot comment on the noise factor. Too soon to tell..I would be more concerned about the take offs at 4-6 AM.

Back
Top Bottom