Any place to dive around White Rock, BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darron

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm going to be in White Rock next Saturday around noon or so - is there any place to dive around there that's worth it?

I can't find anything online - and tides may be an issue - but any tips or pointers would be great.

Thanks.

As far as I know, there is no diving there. Boundary Bay is shallow and muddy, and too close to the Fraser river. The further away you get from the Fraser, the better it gets. You'll have to go to Vancouver (i.e., Whytecliffe), Indian Arm or Howe Sound. Or better yet, take a ferry to the Island or Sunshine Coast.

Another option would be going south into Washington, although I am not familiar with the sites down that way.

Hmm - maybe the pier will be an option. Doing Whytecliffe on Sunday and then Nanaimo on Monday and Tuesday - just have to be near White Rock on Saturday and want to go underwater.

Thanks guys.

you can dive whatever, wherever and whenever you want... even in WR... however seeing anything might be a different story. I remember playing in the water there as a kid an not seeing my toes most times...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom