Neoprene bandana, I know you're out there

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damselfish:
Oddly I had no trouble finding a beanie at my LDS and it's not even something one would wear locally. Here's another one online-
http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=TilosBeanie
I saw that model and did not like the way the strap seems to go around the neck rather than under the chin. Do you have that exact model, and like the way it feels on your neck?

That does seem to be the only beanie that Scuba Toys carries...?

DandyDon:
I saw that model and did not like the way the strap seems to go around the neck rather than under the chin. Do you have that exact model, and like the way it feels on your neck?

I have that exact beanie, and I wear it under (or around) my chin. It works perfectly.

DandyDon:

No, I don't have that one. Mine looks more the the Henderson one (but it's not Henderson, I think it's Deep See or something like that.)

DandyDon:
Let's see, got one at Scuba Training Center, Amarillo: 806 358 0727; one at Southwest Aqua Sports, Lubbock: 806 780 2782; and one at Best Little Dive Shop, Lubbock. I would think that Austin stores could at least look in their catalogs, as diving Aquarena Springs without one would be uncomfy to me.

Or Leisure Pro :11: offers a Henderson 3-MM Gold Core Tropic Hood which is indeed a chin strap beanie - see pic: click here

Oh yes -
Happy Anniversary you two!!
:wave-smil​

Don't know how I missed Leisure Pro !!! That looks perfect for my guy. Thanks. And you are so right about Aquarena Springs, kind of chilly, but nice. We did our certification there, thank goodness...not Lake Travis. We would like to get environmental approved to dive in the Springs again, if they still do this. Thanks again, especially for the "Happy Anniversary" ...very thoughtful.

Sue Sue:
Don't know how I missed Leisure Pro !!! That looks perfect for my guy. Thanks.
Well, I use LP as a resource - but I always try to buy locally if possible.

And you are so right about Aquarena Springs, kind of chilly, but nice. We did our certification there, thank goodness...not Lake Travis. We would like to get environmental approved to dive in the Springs again, if they still do this. Thanks again, especially for the "Happy Anniversary" ...very thoughtful.
Yep, they still do that. My Lubbock club is coming down next month. I just might come with them.

Sue Sue:
Exactly why my husband is interested in this neoprene DO-rag/Bandana. We have not been able to find a beanie type cover either. Can you recall where you got those? I have searced for beanie and hat...hood gives me...hoods. Oh well, I will just keep checking in here to see if dee comes up with something. Sue

Hi Sue,
Try scuba.com for a beanie. I ordered one recently, so they probably still have them available.
Martha

I know this is an old thread. I came across it while Googling neoprene skull caps. I have one I have been diving about 8 years now. It is wonderful. Well designed. Great fit. Originally called a "SCAP". Short for scuba cap. I think the company must have gone under. Too bad... they made a great product.

Here's the closest thing I could find.

Innovative Scuba Neoprene Bandana

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom