GLWC Spring M&G April 15-17, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoneCrusher

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Ok. Here is the new thread for the Spring M&G. I will try and get a Mod to make it a sticky on this page.

EVENT:
GLWC Spring Meet and Greet
Date: April 15-17, 2011

Gilboa Quarry
3763 Old St. Rt. 224
Ottawa, Ohio 45875
Phone: (419) 456-3300

For anyone new wishing to attend...
1.) Everyone is welcome. This is a great event to meet other local divers. Many of the group get together and make plans (or firm up plans) for charter events for this years dive season at this event.

2.) We set up a group area at the back turn around at the quarry. This is were we have the "buffet" and also the evening camp fires. If you are looking for someone, that's probably where they are.

3.) Denny (Barracuda2) has Mike bring back a stack of wood so we can have campfires/bonfires on Friday night and Saturday night. We ask for donations to help cover the costs of the wood. Donations can be made directly to Denny or can be paid at the office. Just tell the office it is for the GLWC firewood.

4.) Typically (although not required) everyone brings a dish to pass for the different meals. We normally have the following group meals:
* Friday Night (if the weather is good, otherwise we have been known to head into town)
* Saturday Morning
* Saturday Afternoon (this tends to be the biggest event of the weekend)
* Saturday Evening (some new stuff comes out here, but mainly it is a continuation of the afternoon grazing!)
* Sunday Morning

So, lets start the list of who is going and who is bringing what.... :D

So are you handling this? and the food list and what not? If Im not mistaken I will have to review the minutes from the officers meeting at Our World Underwater. T.Bix volunteered to do the food list..:D:D:D

So are you handling this? and the food list and what not? If Im not mistaken I will have to review the minutes from the officers meeting at Our World Underwater. T.Bix volunteered to do the food list..:D:D:D

Not trying to handle anything. Just trying to keep this group organized. Heck we wouldn't want anyone ending up in the wrong hotel room, camper, or tent now would we? :mooner: Just sayin....

T.Bix... Feel free to organize to food list or any other part of the event you would like to handle!

I'm good for the Keilbasa for Sat. afternoon. I just need to know an approx. number so I know how much to bring. Looking forward to meeting new divers and seeing old friends. I'll be there Fri. a.m.

As I remember (vaguely) I WAS volenteered. That said: put you name in Bold and add your name and dish, copy or quote the list to keep the it going!

Denny: Kielbasa
Tim Bixler: Ribs Chicago style

As I remember (vaguely) I WAS volenteered. That said: put you name in Bold and add your name and dish, copy or quote the list to keep the it going!

Ryan Mays: "Newbie" Steak Kabobs :crafty: & Jenny's Oreo Balls

My work schedule is just too uncertain right now with our department re-organization. :depressed::shakehead:

I will try to make it in the fall.

I hope that you all have fun.

:D

Ryan Mays: "Newbie" Steak Kabobs :crafty: & Jenny's Oreo Balls

Seeing how Ryan snagged my Oreo balls...I will have to find something else to make.

The Food List

Ryan Mays: "Newbie" Steak Kabobs & Jenny's Oreo Balls
JChoby: will bring something hot... Prob baked ziti
Jen: Hot chocolate and something else.... :)

Seeing how Ryan snagged my Oreo balls...I will have to find something else to make.

Feel free to bring something else.... AND extra Oreo Balls... They are Yummy, I don't think you could have too many. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom