Viz is crap in Howe Sound with al this rain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

99north

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The viz took a nose dive in Howe Sound this past few days...all the rain has stirred up a lot of silt and we have had huge tidal exchanges as well.

Hopefully it'll settle down.

By the way we are unloading two of our underwater camera's and housing's,,,great deal for the person interested in getting into it.

I can refer you to CL ads if you reply

99North

You have to believe the viz is amazing and it well be in your mind
Same works for the water temp YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE

At times like these I often refer to one of my favorite texts on the subject for guidance; A Buddhist guide to diving the Pacific Northwest:

"When you perceive the inherent emptiness of all manifestation, and stop grasping at form, the vis will clarify and you will experience the true nature of all phenomena."

Last edited:
Okay...I'll try and picture it in my mind,,,maybe its like " the force"....you just feel it........lol

Oh no, the force was just science fiction. This stuff is real.

From The Existentialist Diver by J.P. Sartre:

"Ultimately, it does not matter what the vis is like, as experiences of this nature are beyond our human control. What matters is our motivation to dive regardless of the vis".

It's been a while and my memory is a bit foggy. I borrowed some books off of this guy I met in an Ashram.

Picture2139-1.jpg

But not to worry; the answers are all inside one's self anyways.

Okay...I'll try and picture it in my mind,,,maybe its like " the force"....you just feel it........lol

"just feel it".... isn't that what commercial divers do in pea-soup??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom