Manta junior reel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slingshot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Aside from a difference in the line loaded, and color of the metal, is there a difference between the Manta Junior Reel and the Manta Junior Rescue Reel? Anyone use these reels care to comment on how they like it?

Its my understanding that they are the same. (other than the items that you pointed out).

I agree Manta Jr reels are awesome! I have one and love it as well! (This was after diving with one of RiverDiver's) :)

Aside from a difference in the line loaded, and color of the metal, is there a difference between the Manta Junior Reel and the Manta Junior Rescue Reel?

Yes, there is. The Jr Rescue reel comes with a stainless boltsnap (the Jr has a brass one) and it also has the Cave Cam fitted standard (it's an option or retrofit on the Jr)

I have a Jr, Sr and a couple of Minis (one old design and one new). They're all good, but I would recommend getting the Cave Cam for Jr or Sr if you plan on using it for laying line - otherwise it gets a bit tiresome holding the lock bar off (the Mini doesn't have the CLS locking system and IMO is best suited as a deco reel ie for deploying an SMB - so if that's what you want, consider the Mini instead)

Thanks Tortuga. I saw the cave cam mentioned on the new manta website, I'd been looking at an old cached page I guess. Any diving in China worth a mention?

Well, there's a submerged section of the Great Wall that you can dive, I guess that's worth a mention. But it's cold & the viz sucks so whether it's worth doing is another topic. Depending on your political viewpoint on Taiwan's status as a nation, you could include the Green Island hammerhead dive. Other than that, not really - I generally fly to the Philippines to go diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom