iDeco - iPhone OC & CCR Decompression Planning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There IS a gulf between Tec and Rec divers and there should be. Rec divers don't have to concern themselves with the additional info/detail/gear/etc required for Technical Diving. As well they shouldn't. A very small percentage move from Rec to Tec. For those who do, some find the rewards great and others wash out of the training.

It was kind of funny 2 weeks ago, driving to a place for dinner with 2 guys on a dive trip. One guy was my Tec team-mate and the other was a PADI DM. The two of us were going on about the details of our upcoming dive, deco, schedule, etc.. and the DM sort of sat there with a look like "where the hell did these guys learn so much of this extra stuff".

The point is the two dive styles are different. As for iDeco; leave it alone. As the name states, it's for decompression diving. A nice RDP will do the job perfectly for no-stop diving. Maybe someone can write an RDP for the iPhone. Just don't gunk up my beautiful iDeco with a bunch of useless (to Tec Divers) no-stop nonsense.

Just my opinion, thanks for listening!

OMG. This is so true. I am a PADI DM and just finished the classroom for PADI Tec Deep and ordered a trimix manual to do dive 12 as a trimix dive. Tec is not better than DM and DM is not better than Tec. They are, however, totally different bodies of knowledge!

Do you think to build one for Droid (DecoDroid) ????

Well, upgraded to the iPhone 4 and lost all my apps so was forced to pay all $7 for iDeco Pro, doh! :wink:

Curious when you'll release it with VPM? Also, pushing stop times at user specified depths would eliminate desktop planning all together :)... Thanks for this great app!

Well, upgraded to the iPhone 4 and lost all my apps so was forced to pay all $7 for iDeco Pro, doh! :wink:

Curious when you'll release it with VPM? Also, pushing stop times at user specified depths would eliminate desktop planning all together :)... Thanks for this great app!

So long as you use your same iTunes account, you don't pay again. Anyone can replace their iPhone/iPod touch and download all of their applications again, free of charge.

As for VPM, although I have a significant amount of work into it, I've been entirely and utterly wrapped up with my day job to the extent that I've had zero time to put into it.

b.

So I just purchased IDeco Pro and have a few questions. How do I add helium to my backgas? The only options are for depth, time, and O2 content. I went into settings and turned on the tec diving, CCR, etc and nothing changed. Thanks for the help.

So I just purchased IDeco Pro and have a few questions. How do I add helium to my backgas? The only options are for depth, time, and O2 content. I went into settings and turned on the tec diving, CCR, etc and nothing changed. Thanks for the help.

Settings - trimix diver on I suppose. I don't remember exactly what I did but it works. :D

He is in the slider, next to O2 percentage when you insert the backgas info...

Any news on the android version

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Worth the minimal $$. Absolutely the best value for one's dollar without question! THANK-YOU for creating this Gem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom