UK HID light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

surfsidedav

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Going on a trip tomorrow and went to test the HID and put in new batteries. It won't start. So I buy new Duracells thinking cheap batteries were to blame. Still won't start. I can see a spark in the bulb when I turn it on but it only lasts a second then it goes out. Is this a sign the bulb is bad or the ballast or both?
Thanks,
David

I own a Light Cannon never had this to happen to me,kinda sounds like the ballast it could be in the switch I have had some issues with switch losen up all I did is take a #15 torx bit an retighten the screw been working good so far.Hope you get your light working.

I had this happen with one of mine and it was the switch. I think I just kind of bent the metal part of the switch a little bit and that fixed it. That was a while back, but I know I didn't replace the bulb.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom