Snorkeling photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your Biscayne pics really look good now. The color is very nice! I wonder why there were so few fish at this spot, although I have also experienced the same thing sometimes (inexplicably few fish at a very lush and healthy reef). I am so glad that you got into improving your photos and that you can see how much a little editing helps.

Dave,

My biggest thanks to you, Testudo and the others on scubaboard who have helped me understand how to make underwater pictures look good with some simple principles and affordable cameras and software. It has made *all* the difference in how much I enjoy my pictures.

I'm thinking of taking a photography class to learn a little more about camera modes, post-processing, etc.

My newest interest is photographing fish at the local aquarium... cheaper than a full vacation and lots of practice framing shots, anticipating fish movement, etc. I think it will help my "fish instinct" the next time I do get to travel to the ocean. I'm also going to look into what freshwater snorkeling is available around me (Colorado) so I can continue to get in the water.

Best,
Amy

Hi All,

I finally went through the pics from shore snorkeling at John Pennekamp. *Very* different environment. Green, Green, Green! Anyway. We found some interesting relics left for reef (giant anchor, canons...) and a box left from s shipwreck (There was a sign next to the hole where you had to dive down to look at it but I don't remember the details). Honestly wouldn't have seen a thing w/o the external video light going full blast. Very dark. The raw pictures of the box relic were completely black. I almost deleted them. I ran them through the batch processing and it turns out there was something hidden in the black. Autocorrect worked horrible on the stills (made everything very dark blue. I ran the "warmify" filter in picassa on them twice then the autocorrect and it looked more normal. The video stills at the end didn't need it because the external video light blasting on a closer subject made for a more normal picture. I clarified one of my green video clips from this location and put it here:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/production/359732-video-editing-recomendations.html

IMAGE-S-PENSHORE010 by huskyaddict, on Flickr

Album here:
Snorkel Florida Feb 2011: John Pennekamp Shore Snorkel - a set on Flickr

Thanks for the compliment, AJ. It was a different habitat for sure.

BTW, are any of you on Facebook? I started a community page called "Underwater Photography Lite" for amateurs to post their nice photos of snorkeling, aquariums, diving, etc. This is not for profit.. just photo sharing for those on Facebook who want to stay away from the "professional" UW photography galleries. No SLR cameras or rigs-more-expensive-than-your-car required! If you go to the page and "Like" it then you can post to the wall.

Regards,
Amy

Thanks for the compliment, AJ. It was a different habitat for sure.

BTW, are any of you on Facebook? I started a community page called "Underwater Photography Lite" for amateurs to post their nice photos of snorkeling, aquariums, diving, etc. This is not for profit.. just photo sharing for those on Facebook who want to stay away from the "professional" UW photography galleries. No SLR cameras or rigs-more-expensive-than-your-car required! If you go to the page and "Like" it then you can post to the wall.

Regards,
Amy

Link?

Testudo,

I don't know if it has a hard link yet. Log on to FB and in the search box on the top of your window type "Underwater Photography Lite" and it will take you there. It is just a wall to post pictures for sharing on FB. Click "Like" then you can post.

Regards,
Amy

Amy, your search terms revealed no link. Maybe post up a link here?

Recent photos from a trip to Roatan/ Utila.
Sealife DC800
PICT0276.jpg

PICT0313.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

PICT0311.jpg

PICT0275.jpg

PICT0269.jpg

Hello All,

Here are the final pictures from snorkeling at the White Sands site of Pennekamp in Key Largo, FL. Late in the day, overcast and some larger waves that afternoon made gave the autofocus on the cameras all they could handle.

IMAGE-P-WS018 by huskyaddict, on Flickr

IMAGE-P-WS008 by huskyaddict, on Flickr

Full album here:
Snorkel Florida Feb 2011: Pennekamp White Sands - a set on Flickr

PS: Still trying to figure out what the "hard link" for the facebook page is. Stay tuned.

Amy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom