Anyone use a DSS Steel Plate with Oxycheq wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The slots don't line up. I tried it. However, I ordered a set of Mini STA's from Patrick at Oxycheq and everything now works great!

So DSS plate + Oxycheq wing + Oxycheq Mini STA is a good combination. Throw in a set of Zeagle Backplate weight pouches and the rig is complete for Cold water/warm water diving.

I'll post some pictures when I get some time.

AquaGuy:
The slots don't line up. I tried it. However, I ordered a set of Mini STA's from Patrick at Oxycheq and everything now works great!

So DSS plate + Oxycheq wing + Oxycheq Mini STA is a good combination. Throw in a set of Zeagle Backplate weight pouches and the rig is complete for Cold water/warm water diving.

I'll post some pictures when I get some time.

Glad to hear you found a solution that serves your needs. In almost every case virtually any backplate and any wing will work together if a STA is used.

When you wish to avoid using a STA things potentially become more complicated, as you discovered.

Tobin

cool_hardware52:
Glad to hear you found a solution that serves your needs. In almost every case virtually any backplate and any wing will work together if a STA is used.

When you wish to avoid using a STA things potentially become more complicated, as you discovered.

Tobin
Something must have changed. When I used your plate with my Oxycheq Signature series 45 wing it worked great and no STA needed. hmmmm

Quarrior:
Something must have changed. When I used your plate with my Oxycheq Signature series 45 wing it worked great and no STA needed. hmmmm

That just illustrates the problem, things do change. When ever I asked "will your plate work with XX wing?" or "will your wing work with XX plate?" I have no real way of knowing. Even if I've had the chance to try that combination, it's possible that the other goods have been changed, and I'm unaware of it.

In addition what one diver might consider a perfect fit, another might not. That makes the either question of mix and match for single tank wings and plates, without a STA, a complicated issue.

Tobin

fireflock:
Oxycheq could use a PR guy. Seriously. As a potential customer I think you make some interesting products, but I admit to being turned off by your confrontational style. It's not just this thread, but a pattern over time. Maybe it's just me......

Rich
Unfortunate, that ... but understandable.

I've dealt with both Dwain and Patrick, and they're both really straight-up people who provide top-notch products and service to their customers. But some of the posts I've read on here will turn people who don't know them away from considering buying their products.

It's never a good idea for someone representing a company to present themselves in a confrontational manner in public ... it leaves an impression that usually costs them business.

Something that all manufacturers posting on this board should consider ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I really like the Oxycheq Mach V Extreme wing, after reading DwainT's posts,
I ordered the whole nine yards from Tobin...

NWGratefulDiver I agree, the pompous, arrogant, sanctimonious, condescending demeanor displayed by DwainT helped me make my decision to vote with my wallet in the direction of DSS.

What a Jitbag...

uncaged

I finally got fed up with my STA pushing the tank too far away from my plate making it hard to access my valve. So, I tried again to mate my DSS BP(XL) to my oxycheq wing without a STA. Here are some photos. I even managed to get the bottom bolt to line up to secure the wing to the back plate.

Note, I have not dove this rig in this configuration yet. That will come in a week or so and I will post back as to how everything trims out.

Aqua Guy

Attachments

• SingleTank.jpg
    SingleTank.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 207
  • SingleTank2.jpg
    SingleTank2.jpg
    411.4 KB · Views: 206
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom