looking for palm beach charter!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dmaricle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
i will be vacationing to west palm beach starting may 1st and want to do a few dives. i am looking for a few resonably priced dive charter that rents gear i will be bringing my mask, fins, snorkle, and bc but will need to rent everything else. thanks.

Dylan Maricle

yes i am fresh to diving. so scuba club is a good charter? has anyone gone out with them?

The Scuba Club is great: I have been out with them many times, especially when I got back into diving in a big way in 2008. I still do an occasional dive with them if I can get out of work for half a day on Friday. I did my Advanced Open Water training with the shop and was very happy with the training.

If you want to travel to Boynton, Underwater Explorers is also good. Sometimes Kevin will act as a dive guide if he knows your a newer diver. https://securec7.ezhostingserver.com/diveboyntonbeach-com/indexs.cfm

im gonna give the scuba club a call next week. what are some must see spots that are offered by them. i also was gonna do a two tank day dive and a night dive. or do you think i should do more day diving and skip on the night diving for now? thanks

im gonna give the scuba club a call next week. what are some must see spots that are offered by them. i also was gonna do a two tank day dive and a night dive. or do you think i should do more day diving and skip on the night diving for now? thanks

Because the Palm Beach/Jupiter area is almost all drift diving, most operators schedule night dives very infrequently: some tie the night dive schedule to only full moons. Personally, I don't think night dives in an area known for drift diving are as much fun as night dives in the keys or blue heron bridge (the only location in north Palm Beach county I like to dive at night). To me at least, it seems like you whip along so quickly as you drift northwards that once you see something interesting illuminated by your dive light, it is gone in a flash of a couple of seconds as you are carried by the current. That's my take on night dives in this area, others might disagree. I'd stick to diving in the daylight hours.

Most ops will plan dive sites around the weather and marine conditions in the area the day of the trip: so you are never guaranteed anything. With that being said, I like North and South Double Ledges, the Breakers (those are reefs), the Mizpah and related wrecks next to it. If you are going to the Breakers, see if they can make sure that you'll pass by the 'fishbowl', an area filled with so many tropicals, it feels like your diving in a fish tank. The SC goes to the sites I listed frequently. On each of the reefs mentioned, there are 4 or 5 drop zones so you'll see something different each dive.

Because the Palm Beach/Jupiter area is almost all drift diving, most operators schedule night dives very infrequently: some tie the night dive schedule to only full moons. Personally, I don't think night dives in an area known for drift diving are as much fun as night dives in the keys or blue heron bridge (the only location in north Palm Beach county I like to dive at night). To me at least, it seems like you whip along so quickly as you drift northwards that once you see something interesting illuminated by your dive light, it is gone in a flash of a couple of seconds as you are carried by the current. That's my take on night dives in this area, others might disagree. I'd stick to diving in the daylight hours.

Most ops will plan dive sites around the weather and marine conditions in the area the day of the trip: so you are never guaranteed anything. With that being said, I like North and South Double Ledges, the Breakers (those are reefs), the Mizpah and related wrecks next to it. If you are going to the Breakers, see if they can make sure that you'll pass by the 'fishbowl', an area filled with so many tropicals, it feels like your diving in a fish tank. The SC goes to the sites I listed frequently. On each of the reefs mentioned, there are 4 or 5 drop zones so you'll see something different each dive.

as of now it looks like i will do two days of diving. one two tank day and one single tank day. i would love to see the mizpah and the fishbowl you speak of. what are the average water temps around there in may. thanks i am so ready for this trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom