Curacao Breezes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are considering going to Curacao next December and staying at Breezes. We would appreciate any advice people have that have been there.
For starters, what is the best way to handle the dives? Boat, bus, rental car, shore dive on house reef, etc.?

My wife and I spent 10 days at Breezes in November. In short, it's an average resort with above average prices. We'd go back to Curacao in a heartbeat, but we would definately not stay at Breezes again.

Ocean Encounters, the house op, is too big, to our way of thinking (cattle boats are not for us).
Suzie from The Dive Bus is a regular poster here on SB. Drop her a note, and dive with the Bus. You will not regret it.

We stayed at Breezes a few years ago. There is a dive op on site that can take you on boat dives. The house reef at Breezes is good for a dive or two. The car pile dive site is close, but it's a deep dive. If you prefer shore diving you can rent a car and drive to the many shore diving sites. However, finding you way around Curacao can be tricky. Another shore dive option is The Dive Bus, which has their dive shop right next door to Breezes. I highly recommend The Dive Bus. Most friendly dive shop I've ever met. Very relaxing experience, with no tight schedules or crowds. Some of the dive sites they go to have some great beaches too.

Dive Bus w/ stay at Breezes
Lodge Kura Hulanda
All West Apartments
Ocean Encounters West for boat diving on West End.
Good shore diving on West End if you stay on that end

Try those first, in no particluar order.

All inclusive may not be the best bet on Curacao.

In my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Was there last Feb at Breezes personaly wouldnt go back also we dove with ocean Encounters and wouldnt use them again.

We were ther for 2 weeks and bought a 7 2 tank dive package with the intention of using dive bus and some other operators as well and not diving everyday. We were informed we had to dive 7 days straight and if we missed a day we would loose those 2 dives even if we provided 24hrs notice.

They also generaly had 1 DM per group/boat of 14 to 16 divers and on at least 3 ocassions there Dm got seperated from the main group while dealing with new divers having problems so we would carry on (sure glad I had my SMB on this trip)

Also when getting on the boat dont expect any assistance like passing up fins or a camera because the only way thats gonna happen is if one of your fellow divers sets there gear down and gives you a hand:no:

The best thing about Curacao is the 1.50 bus rides to town:D

We are considering going to Curacao next December

Going to Breezes CUR this August for the 7th time. Not 5 star but never had a problem. To be honest, we spend very little time at resort. Spend all days diving with The Dive Bus - WELCOME . Nice not to have to carry a wallet for duration of trip, since we would just walk (or swim) back to Breezes for lunch or dinner. Have done dives from Breezes pier with OE which were fine, but IMHO, can't beat DIVE BUS. :cool2:

Wife and I are considering Breezes next March for our 5th wedding anniversary. She's a non-diver and usually 'allows' me three or four days of boat diving so if I can get a dive or two off the beach it'll just add to my bottom time.

It's pretty quiet out at Westpunt, but we're going back,boat and shore diving @ All West Apts and Ocean Encounters West. I usually check out apartments and resorts @ Trip Advisor, but they don't post very much dive info. The Lodge Kura Hulanda would be more plush, and more expensive.

I'm traveling with SteveC and pretty confused on how this all works in Curacoa....

What we (maybe I) want to do is pay for unlimited diving with full access to weights and tanks and the ability to dive whenever and whereever we want (this would would be our best option). We prefer shore diving primarily. Really don't want to have to plan and purchase separate dive trips daily and get tanks & weights every day from different operatives. Is this possible?

In Bonaire, we rent a truck, buy a unlimited dive package and we are set for the week. We dive at our pace usually 3-4 dives a day.

It's sounding like renting a truck is a little expensive in Curacoa and the diving is not as accessible for those not familiar with the island.

Thoughts?

Snagel

Admittedly very limited experience with Curacao but highly recommend ALL WEST apartments . dive is great right in front, you rent truck from them, and other shore dives are not too far away. its not Bonaire for ease of doing many shore dives atleast imho. Recommend if you go you mostly cook for yourselves. again didn't find the meal thing as easy as Bonaire. I am intending on going back to Curacao for second time next winter. I like the place but again my experience has been very limited to the west end.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom