Dive Master income and taxes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divemaster income ... what the heck is that?

Divemaster income is a quantity of money ranging from zero to negative infinity that you convince your spouse (a) exists and (b) is actually a positive number so you can justify the cost of the course, the insurance, annual dues, sundry dive trips, and new equipment.

Divemaster income is a quantity of money ranging from zero to negative infinity that you convince your spouse (a) exists and (b) is actually a positive number so you can justify the cost of the course, the insurance, annual dues, sundry dive trips, and new equipment.

Ahhh. As I thought. It's a figment of our imagination!

Well, integers are a subset of Real numbers, so integers between zero and infinity are Real numbers, so under the above definition Divemaster income isn't really a figment of our imagination. However, since there's a lot of Jedi mindtrickery involved in convincing a spouse, it may be a product of the spouse's imagination.

Well, considering that the Schrödinger wave functions of quantum mechanics are intrinsically complex (in the mathematical sense), there is necessarily a real part and an imaginary part.

So, if I get a free fill for my own non-shop diving, that's real, and if I get a "free" trip but have to work, that's imaginary, right?

:rofl3:

So, if I get a free fill for my own non-shop diving, that's real, and if I get a "free" trip but have to work, that's imaginary, right?

Don't forget the LDS affiliate discounts you should be getting on dive gear purchases - the real value of what you are not charged (ie what you save) still adds up to a real number of positive value. Now, considering that in order to receive this real, positive dollar credit, you must spend upwards of a left arm (and sometimes an hour or more of your time, doing the Jedi mind trick for your spouse's nod), this value still lands squarely in the land of less-than, so that the total sum of the values equates to a depreciating pocket book. The upshot of the depreciating bank account is the exchange with an ever-increasing log book, the value of which is not quantifiable, and yet has real real value far beyond the currencies of man - what dollar value can be placed on the sanity one receives by spending a few hours per week hanging out with the fish?

Ya know, how some folks paint their HUMMERS to advertise their business? Well, I am going to paint my business logo on my tank, fins, and wings.

Then I'll write off my diving expenses as "ADVERTISING" ......

DM income? lol

this thread was what I was looking for, but the contents are not :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom