DC1200, my videos are GREEN!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try adjusting the EV to -2 or -1 and see if that helps. If you were shooting here, the green would be normal since our water in NY is temperate.

This is normal for underwater videos unless you do something to correct for the loss of color under water. You already used the underwater setting of your camera but apparently that is not enough. If your camera allows for custom white balance you should try that the next time. Normally you need to hold a white or gray (depending on your camera) slate in front of your camera and then push some button. In this way the camera knows how white (or gray) looks like and corrects the colors as much as possible to make it look like white (or gray). In that way you should be able to get better results. This works in shallow water.
Otherwise you need a video light but that is a far more expensive solution.

There are no settings for EV.. whatever that is. I just went through the whole menu on video mode and camera mode.

Probably normal. Viz has alot to do with it. Was the water clear or did it have a green tint to it? As did440 said the water up in the ne looks green anyways. Here's a vid I took last week.

013-1.mp4 video by ncarmyngoif4 - Photobucket

It's all about White balance
I'm not familiar with the dc1200 but you need to boost the reds and magentas, check your settings

Don't know how to do it on the 1200, but on my DC800

I turn it on (in capture mode)
hit Menu
go to Scene Mode
Mine says Sea
hit select
move down to white balance
hit select
You can then select ocean blue, ocean green. lakes and rivers etc.
To exit, hit menu

I would select lakes and rivers from what you have posted earlier. You could select Auto. At least that's the way the menu works on my DC800. I think the 2 cameras are similar but I don't know for sure.

Anyway try that if it doesn't work, sorry I wasted your time.

Back
Top Bottom