OLY 520 w/dual strobe INON in s-TTL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You need to make sure the Camera is in auto flash mode first and in manual. You can also increase the flash compensation. With my S&S 110a's I set my flash compensation to overexpose by 1/3 stop.

Brian

Why do you have your flashes in set to over expose by 1/3rd of a stop do they underexpose at TTL?

Not that critical to me as my 110a is my slave flash but just interested.

I tend to get a slight underexposure with sttl with the 110a. Upping the flash compensation corrects this and I get a correct exposure. Its only about a 1/3 stop so easily fixed in Lightroom but I would rather get the exposure correct in the camera first. On the 110a you can use the dial to shorten the flash duration but not to extend.

Brian

You will probably have better luck if you use the HW converter and a hardwired dual strobe cable. That is the most accurate way to control your flashes. You're relying on the optical sensing in your strobes to give you an accurate flash, and the circuit may not be able to handle very short flashes (assuming you don't have it set on 1/64 as one person suggested).

You need to read the manual for the strobe to know about the magnet setting. It sets up the strobe to handle the right number of preflashes. If you have never heard of the magnet, better read the manual.

Set the camera to manual mode, put the shutter speed at 1/160th at F-8 or F11 using ISO 100 or 200. Turn the strobes to S-TTL, make sure the magnets are where they should be and put the control dail at F/2.8.

Shoot a sofa pillow or other object from about two feet and you should get an exposure that is in the ball park.

Phil

Test done with pillow, good exposure at 1/80 f11 to f18 and at 1/125 f9 to f14 :confused:

I will try again underwater next saturday with nudibranchs, they're smaller but more interesting :wink:

Back
Top Bottom