Dive Trailer for Sale! Make an Offer...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

k-valve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Steel Box Trailer completely sanded down inside and out 18 months ago and repainted with rust resistant primer (2 coats) and enamel (2 coats). Roof is sealed. No leaks. This trailer has been outfitted for diving. It can easily carry 8 sets of double tanks and 5-8 Aluminum tanks. 4-drawer file cabinets were used to store smaller gear. Other gear can be stored on shelves bungeed down or hung from shelving using double bolt snaps. Wetsuits, drysuits, etc can hang from 2 dowels installed near the inside front and rear of the trailer. In short, this trailer can hold a lot of gear. It has a heavy duty suspension so weight is not a problem.

I put a lot of work into the trailer, and while it may not be the prettiest around it is definitely outfitted for diving. The fact is, I didn't want to have a pretty little trailer that looked like it had a lot of expensive stuff in it, even if it is tough to get into without the keys. :wink:

Make me an offer with a date the offer expires. I'll consider anything over $1000, but would like to get closer to $2000. I'd prefer direct email to jandrews@me.com. I'll even deliver the trailer for a negotiated fee.

Box Dimensions: 5'x10'x5'
Overall Width: 7'
Overall Length: 14'2"
Overall Height: 6' 11"
Double rear doors with padlock and locking handle.
Bolts installed on top and bottom of both doors to secure in place while closed.

Outside Shelf and Hangars
-------------------------------
Solid steel shelf on the outside of the trailer folds down and was used to don and take off double steel SCUBA tanks. The shelf is very secure and sturdy. Chain (see inside picts) can be used to provide additional support. Chain and links provided.
Bungee installed above shelf to hold tanks in place when not in use. Shelf folds up and locks securely in place when not in use. Additional shelf not installed, but available to buyer at no charge.

4 - outside, removable hangars to hang gear such as wetsuits, drysuits, hoods, vests, etc for drying.

Hitch and Jack
------------------
Hitch Ball: 2"
Jack Stand: Replaced 18 months ago with new stand. Rotates up when not in use to increase clearance.
Dual safety chains and locks.

Tires and Suspension
--------------------------
Carlisle "Radial Trail" 4-Ply Trailer Tires with very little wear
Tire Size - ST205/75R15
"ST" signifies the tire is a "Special Trailer Service" size that was designed to only be used on boat, car or utility trailers.
New fenders
Reflective safety tape on both fenders and rear trailer bumper.
Heavy duty leaf suspension. The original owner used the trailer to haul floor tile around the state. Packing it full of dive gear doesn't come close to overloading it and I've hauled A LOT of steel and aluminum tanks in it from Austin to Florida and South Texas, and plenty of local trips.

Vents
-------
2 - adjustable 4"x9.5" side vents near the rear of the trailer
1 - 13"x13" roof vent.
The vents are all new. The roof vent is adjustable, but is zip tied down at the moment because the trailer would not go into the garage with the vent on. All the parts to put it back together are in the trailer.

Inside
-------
3 - adjustable height wire shelves, one on each side and a third between the file cabinets up front.
2 - file cabinets for storage bolted to the front and floor of the trailer
2 - pieces of angle iron installed to hold SCUBA tanks in place at bottom. Top of tanks held in place with bungees. Will accommodate any size tank.
2 - 1.5" wooden dowels inside trailer can be used to hang
drysuits, wetsuits, vests, etc...anything that you can hang.
Single tanks can be safely stored laying down in between the file cabinets at the front of the trailer.
Floor is 3/4" plywood covered in 3/8" rubber matting.
All of the above items were installed 18 months ago.

Electrical
------------
Wiring was completely replaced 18 months ago.
New tail lights.
New running lights.

Attachments

• Truck&Trailer.jpg
    Truck&Trailer.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 175
  • Side-TankShelf.jpg
    Side-TankShelf.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 174
  • PassengerSide.jpg
    PassengerSide.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 184
  • PassengerSide-Hangars.jpg
    PassengerSide-Hangars.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 174
  • RearView.jpg
    RearView.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 185
  • RearDoorLocks.jpg
    RearDoorLocks.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 169
  • Inside.jpg
    Inside.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 218
  • InsideFloor-TankRack.jpg
    InsideFloor-TankRack.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 158
  • InsideLeft.jpg
    InsideLeft.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 170
  • InsideRight.jpg
    InsideRight.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 195
  • TankShelfDown.jpg
    TankShelfDown.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 193
  • Hitch.jpg
    Hitch.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Suspension.jpg
    Suspension.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 177
  • TireTread.jpg
    TireTread.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 138
  • OpenVentCloseUp.jpg
    OpenVentCloseUp.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 158
Damn your hide, man. Where were you when I was buying a box trailer to outfit as the tech diving trailer recently.

Frank, if you want a second one I'll be driving from Austin to Bahia Honda in late May, I'll stick it behind the motorhome and deliver on the cheap.

Chris

is this trailer still for sale and if so where is it?

I like that it has a farm tag. :wink:

Yep, I still get a kick out of that myself. :D It came with that tag and I kept it for a few reasons:

1. It makes it look even less like it has a ton of expensive gear in it.
  2. It's much cheaper to register.
  3. I never took the time to get it changed over (see #s 1 & 2 above), although it's not a big deal to do so.
I think the guy who originally built it just didn't want to take the time to get it weighed since he lived out in rural Texas. All anyone who wouldn't want to tow it around as a "Farm Trailer" would have to do is take it over to a DPS weigh station and get it certified.

is this trailer still for sale and if so where is it?

It is still for sale. Right now it's at my parents' ranch near College Station. Like I said in the description I'd be happy to deliver it to you, or meet you somewhere to make the exchange. I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have and/or take more pictures of any details you want to know about.

PM sent also...

Well, I have to take that PM part back...I can't PM an unconfirmed member. :( If you'd like you can email me at jandrews@me.com (if you haven't already) or try to PM me on the board and trade phone numbers...or we can continue the conversation here. :wink:

Too bad you were not closer....that trailer would be gone. It would be hard to hide the purchase but it would be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom