Magnification ...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Late reply, but this is what I use, a Russian Belomo 10x loupe:

That's a really nice loupe. The bigger lens and depth of field would certainly make it much easier to use.

Thanks,

Henrik

I like these Hastings triplets when I look for little motes of dust or crystals in a liquid. They'd be fine for looking at an orifice for dings. You can pick stereoscopes up very cheaply online as well.

EDIT: Just read the Belomo ad...I'll have to get one of those and try it.

Attachments

• hastings.jpg
    hastings.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 57
I used to use a microscope, from what I can remember it was 40-60 x and worked great, it was also quite an expensive piece of hardware. Using loupes, mind you the cheap ebay ones, was a total PITA, the depth of field was really tough to work with or even tell what you were looking at sometimes. For the price difference though, I think dealing with a loupe is probably the way to go.

I use this (just because I already have it...):

supervuxl.jpg

It allows me to maintain stereovision. Depth of field is narrow though, but I'm used to it. Limited adjustment for working distance.

Its also great for soldering small circuits. And surgery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom