Mares Icon HD upgrade...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ummm, no, not at all..when you order a product from my website, you get what you ordered....i wouldn't let anyone sell my product that wouldn't sell it correctly (if mares wants some ****ty online store to rep/sell their stuff, that's up to them-the product wasn't a "scuba-store icon hd", it's a "mares icon hd" if it was the later, I would've freaked out on the scuba store..no i wont buy anything else from them (leisure pro is way better and answers their phones)).. I will say I DID learn my lesson, cause obviously anything sold should be looked into/investigated from now on as people have no pride in their work....so no, not embarrassed at all. And when you order something, and there's a sticker that says "air integrated model coming spring of 2010", and even the cd-rom doesnt work, yeah, you get p.o'd! At least the people in Boca are way cool, and just waiting for the air integration.. happy diving!:cool2:

I was wondering how long a person would have to upgrade? If I bought the computer today, but would not be looking at upgrading till 2012, would I still be able to pay the ~450 and get my upgrade?

Cheers
Godti

Any news on whether the air model is going to stick and actually be available or whether it will be pushed back again?
What is the expected price of the Air?
Will it be better to buy now and upgrade or wait a week or 2 after release? (800+450=1250 if I was to buy tomorrow so is the expected price cheaper?)

Set out looking for a bottom timer/depth gauge and somehow resulted in convincing myself I must have this computer.

$450 for the upgrade, wow.... Looks like I will be looking at another computer... Luna anyone?

Haahaa, I just picked up an HD today after playing with it. Can you make the cost a little cheaper, say $300 or something...lol.

Does Spring mean April or May? Leaving for Belize in 10 days, would be nice to add the integration.

Hi all, sorry there is another post pretty identical to this one which I've been engaging in. I'm afraid the air integration will not be available in 10 days. I am unofficially saying that we are looking at the end of May or early June. We've been diving it, testing, and things are looking good. Molds, tooling etc. are complete, production will go quickly. Availability will vary a little by country. We have a meeting scheduled early next week and more finite dates should be present then. I hope this helps to at least answer the availablilty question. I'll keep you posted as I learn more.

Best,

@Zak - Thanks very much for your continued committement to keeping everyone up to date on the progress toward the release of the of the air integration. Its tough to be on the front line.

I have owned an Icon HD since its release (purchased the first one sold at our dive store), after having used it a few times - I started recommending to fellow instructors and students.

This last delay in the long (multiple years) series of delays is unfortunately the breaking point for me - I can no longer in good faith recommend the product or company to students. The uncertainity of the actual release and most recently the move away from Mares original upgrade path for those of us "early adopters" is huge disappointment. I assume other instructor's who in good faith recommended the Icon to students and customers, are in the same position I am - dealing with dis-satisfied clients.

I am sure Mares is working hard to deliver the product - but I have now owned the Icon longer than I have owned any dive computer before it - and the long series of - "its just around the corner" continues. The Icon HD is a great non-air-integrated dive computer - but it is unfortuntely the last Mares product I will purchase or recommend. In the end we as customers can only voice our opinions through our purchasing choices.

Best wishes

Last edited:
:confused::(:idk::shocked2:

JUST GOT THIS TODAY.(MARES ICON HD) I] ORDERED BEFORE I READ ALL THE BAD REVIEWS ABOUT SCUBASTORE.COM JUST GOT THIS PEICE OF **** TODAY-DOES THE CD WORK? NO. THEY OFFERED THE AIR INTEGRATED MODEL. I ORDERED IT. DID I GET IT? NO. BUT GOT CHARGED FOR IT..EVEN EMAILED "ANNAT" AND TOLD HER 'THE AIR INTEGRATED MODEL PLEASE' THERE WAS A PLUG IN THE BOX, THAT SAY AIR INTEGRATION SPRING 2010. WELL I ORDERED IT 04 SEPTEMBER 2010. THATS AFTER SPRING. I JUST GOT IT YESTERDAY 08- SEPTEMBER 2010..STILL AFTER SPRING. SO WTF- WHERES MY CYLINDER? THE CD THAT CAME WITH IT DOESNT EVEN FULLY WORK (MY HP NOTEBOOK IS BRAND NEW) SO THATS NNOT THE PROBLEM...TRYING TO DOWNLOAD THE 1. WHATEVER UPGRADE DOESN'T WORK, JUST PASSES ME OFF TO BS WEBSITES..SO "ZAK" WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO? IS THIS HOW YOUR COMPANY DOES BUSINESS? ARE THOSE REVIEWS ON THIS CHATROOM MADE UP BY MARES? IF YOU BUSTED YOUR CAN TO COME UP WITH THE SCRATCH FOR THIS, AND COULDNT DO F ALL, YOU'D BE PISSED OFF JUST LIKE ME..I CALLED A 1-800 NUMBER, AND FOUND OUT THAT THEY (MARES-NOT SURE IF STORE OR WHAT..)ARE IN BOCA..GREAT AS I LIVE IN FT. LAUDERDALE, AND WOULD LOVE TO COME IN SO THEY CAN EITHER; IRON OUT THE WRINKLES OR GIVE ME A REFUND...AND TO THINK I BRAGGED ABOUT THIS TO MY DIVEBUDDIES/FRIENDS, NOW I FELL LIKE D---K. THANKS ALOT MARES..I AM REALLY HOPING TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE. HELP ME OUT ZAK..SO MAYBE I CAN GIVE THIS GOOD REVIEW ON MY E-RADIO SHOW AND BLOG..

capslockp12.jpg

all sarcasm aside, here's the latest from the horses mouth...

I just spoke to a guy called Ed Bulmer at Mares UK (very helpful chap), about the upcoming Icon HD AIR release and he has told me everything I needed to know. (Obviously this is regarding UK release so international users check with their supplier).

Air integrated model will be released once final round of testing is complete... final checks are being made to ensure that transmitter works in various different environments; caverns / caves, inside wrecks and general overhead environments. Also further testing is required to ensure there is no interference from other brands of AI computers.

So, all you need to know:

Date - September 2011
Cost - £340.00
Validity - 6 months from release of AI model. Age of original unit not relevant and no proof of purchase required. Just take your old model into your local Mares dealer and they will trade for you.

Also, dive log info will not be transferred across so ensure that any logged dives on the old unit are downloaded onto your PC / Mac before making the change.

I'm just a messenger here, I'm typing this up from notes taken during my telephone conversation with Ed just a moment ago, if the release date or cost or anything I have passed on frustrates you then please don't vent at me!!! I'm feeling it too

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom