Camp Dive Weekend Gear Wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suspect there will be gear for sale/trade (I'll have some for sure) that you might could test out. I started out a few years ago thinking I'd get just the gear I needed with no "extra" by doing some solid research and frugal renting :rofl3:

Now I've got way over $10K worth of gear I never use :idk: See ya there :)

I remember those days of your saying "this is all I need" and then arriving on the next charter with your "final" piece of new gear.

Should I rent wetsuits for my daughter and I or is there likely to be enough people with either sets they are selling or to let us try out/borrow? I don't mind renting but if folks are going to have items for sale at close to what I'd be spending on rentals than I'm all for that of course.

I guess I could come assuming I'll find something there and if I don't, then go over to Scubaland and pick them up.

Finding a used wetsuit for sale is going to be a long shot. Rent one to cover your bases and if it shows up for sale, all is good.

You got one hell of a deal. Wish I had been so lucky when I getting my gear. Congratulations!

I remember those days of your saying "this is all I need" and then arriving on the next charter with your "final" piece of new gear.

I just need few more things Robert and I'll be all set :eyebrow:

When does this happen? I'm still not done yet...

Should I rent wetsuits for my daughter and I or is there likely to be enough people with either sets they are selling or to let us try out/borrow? I don't mind renting but if folks are going to have items for sale at close to what I'd be spending on rentals than I'm all for that of course.

I guess I could come assuming I'll find something there and if I don't, then go over to Scubaland and pick them up.

Do yourself a favor. Go by Tom's and talk to Kirk or Oakhill and talk to Mack. Wetsuits and dry suits are kinda personal I think

I picked up the gear from cavemn yesterday. It is everything he said it would be. I can't wait to try it out at the end of the month. Now just to coordinate for tanks & wetsuits for my daughter and I as well as a BC for her. The rental wetsuits at the local dive shop have seen better days so I need to find a shop near the lake that is open on Sunday for returns or someone from a shop who will be at the Camp Dive that I can coordinate pick up and return with. Anyone out there?

Oh I reached a (small) milestone. My one hundredth message!:D

When does this happen? I'm still not done yet...

I have heard that recreational diving is a gateway drug to tech and cave diving. Once you have crossed over, there is no turning back....there is never enough equipment.

I picked up the gear from cavemn yesterday. It is everything he said it would be. I can't wait to try it out at the end of the month. Now just to coordinate for tanks & wetsuits for my daughter and I as well as a BC for her. The rental wetsuits at the local dive shop have seen better days so I need to find a shop near the lake that is open on Sunday for returns or someone from a shop who will be at the Camp Dive that I can coordinate pick up and return with. Anyone out there?

Oh I reached a (small) milestone. My one hundredth message!:D
Near the lake? ...

Scubaland
11416 620N, Ste J, Austin
(512) 257-2000

Scubaland is just north of the lake on 620 if you're coming from that direction.
Suite B
6156 West Highway 290, Austin, TX 78735-8619
(512) 892-4900

Scubaland is closest to the lake, but closest is relative to where you're coming from.

Mac is south and my be easier for you if you're coming from out Oakhill way:
Suite B 6156 West Highway 290, Austin, TX 78735-8619
(512) 892-4900or

Tom's is off of 2222 on Burnet if you're coming from east:
5909 Burnet Rd
Austin, TX 78757-3224
(512) 451-3425

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom