Camp Dive Weekend of Fun April 29,30 and May 1 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello TX Swampers,

Just moved to Texas...San Antonio and my husband and I would like to come to the Windy Park event. We are avid divers and moved here from South Florida where the diving is plentiful. Kind of a different story here in TX but we are excited to just dive and find other diving friends. We are members of a dive club in South Florida and hoping to find a good group of diving folks who like to have fun. Intrested to hear where everyone dives in TX. We do cave, tech, and spearfishing and my husband enjoys photography and I do video mostly. You can count us in.
My hubby's scubaboard name is AAdiver69. We plan on camping that weekend. Look forward to meeting you all. I may know a few of you if you came to ITK 2010 in Key Largo, FL.

Nancy & Darrell

Hello TX Swampers,

Just moved to Texas...San Antonio and my husband and I would like to come to the Windy Park event. We are avid divers and moved here from South Florida where the diving is plentiful. Kind of a different story here in TX but we are excited to just dive and find other diving friends. We are members of a dive club in South Florida and hoping to find a good group of diving folks who like to have fun. Intrested to hear where everyone dives in TX. We do cave, tech, and spearfishing and my husband enjoys photography and I do video mostly. You can count us in.
My hubby's scubaboard name is AAdiver69. We plan on camping that weekend. Look forward to meeting you all. I may know a few of you if you came to ITK 2010 in Key Largo, FL.

Nancy & Darrell

Nancy and Darrell really nice to have you join our group. It is very informal, its all about having fun together with the sport of scuba diving. See you in a few weeks.
We are setting up Friday morning around 10 AM then get a good dive in to start the weekend right.

:D

shawn you can add me to the list too...90% sure i will be there.

Got you on the master Diver Roll call list ... Glad you can probably make the dive weekend kickoff to Diving Locally in Central Texas.

:D

We are two weeks out and I need a few things to pull off Friday dinner.

First, I need a pretty firm head count on the number of mouths. Right now the plan is 80 tacos in under 1 hour. If we have enough Taco Cabana tortillas then we are good to go. HEB tortillas need a bit more work to be edible and we may need a third grill.

Second, is anyone bringing a gas grill? Given the current burn ban (and no relief in sight) a charcoal fire on one of Richard's grates doesn't sound like a good idea. I need a grill big enough for 5# of skirt meat and hot enough for a 450 degree fire that is good for a hour. We have twenty (20) pounds of meat to cook.

Third, Austinspace has agreed to cook the onions and peppers. I will do the meat and we need someone to handle the cutting and taking care of everything that comes off the grills. I plan to cycle 5# of meat through the grill every 15 minutes, so the cutter needs to be fast and have good lighting. I can cut for two minutes out of four, but one other person is required and two would be better.

Let me know soonest so I can plan. BTW, the only reason to have a plan is so that we all have a common point of reference for change when reality rears it's head.

First, I need a pretty firm head count on the number of mouths. Right now the plan is 80 tacos in under 1 hour. If we have enough Taco Cabana tortillas then we are good to go. HEB tortillas need a bit more work to be edible and we may need a third grill.

Second, is anyone bringing a gas grill? Given the current burn ban (and no relief in sight) a charcoal fire on one of Richard's grates doesn't sound like a good idea. I need a grill big enough for 5# of skirt meat and hot enough for a 450 degree fire that is good for a hour. We have twenty (20) pounds of meat to cook.

Third, Austinspace has agreed to cook the onions and peppers. I will do the meat and we need someone to handle the cutting and taking care of everything that comes off the grills. I plan to cycle 5# of meat through the grill every 15 minutes, so the cutter needs to be fast and have good lighting. I can cut for two minutes out of four, but one other person is required and two would be better.

Let me know soonest so I can plan. BTW, the only reason to have a plan is so that we all have a common point of reference for change when reality rears it's head.

Well, the Big Green Egg won't do well for fajitas, but I have a gas start Weber with cart that should work. I have some good cutting boards and knives. 5# will take about 60 seconds for me. I'll scout out some avocados and hot sauce too.

Mark me down for helping with the cutting or anything else...

No scheduled time at this point. I would like to be finished cooking around 8pm while we still have light.

No, but I have resigned myself to bringing my grill out for Friday night.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom