HMAS Adelaide Being Sunk 27th March On Central Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On Skynews they had the no ship guy. He said something about they were responsible for the sign in the sky and that at their weekly meeting, something like 25 of them chipped in for it and cost in the range of $3800.

Good to know people use disposable income wisely when the coast needs more books in its schools for kids or the local hospitals etc
It is their money and they can do what they like with it but I think there would be better things do to with that much money on the coast thats all, in my opinion.

that sounds like the money they raised for legal costs to put a stay on the sinking this time round. check their website.

Great to have her finally down where she belongs to continue to contribute to Australian Maritime Ventures.....

I am waiting to hear NO Ship group claim the dolphins where members of their protest group! I wouldn't be surprised if they started raising money to refloat her!

The amazing thing is now she is down she will help people in so many ways.
From the enjoyment of diving her, students at Newcastle Uni and their studies as well as the local high schools in marine and other subjects.
Lots of people doing dive courses so they can dive her, means more people are being physically active and keeping fit whilst improving their overall health.
Bring back marine life to the area and replenishing fish stock.
Creating jobs and economics to the area, which we need.

I am really proud of my community today.

Last edited:
The amazing thing is now she is down she will help people in so many ways.
From the enjoyment of diving her, students at Newcastle Univeristy and their studies as well as the local high schools in marine and other subjects.
Lots of people doing dive courses so they can dive her, means more people are being physically active and keeping fit whilst improving their overall health.
Bring back marine life to the area and replenishing fish stock.
Creating jobs and economics to the area, which we need.

I am really proud of my community today.

Well said. I love that the University will be using her. It is so much more appropriate to sink her and let her keep serving the community rather than let her rust out and contaminate the environment. Ship breaking with environmental controls is so expensive too many ships wind up in the third world ship breaking yards where the people and environment are so badly abused. This is so much better than the other options! You have good reason to be proud!

No copyright intended. From Express Advocate.

Attachments

• img055.jpg
    img055.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 54
  • img053.jpg
    img053.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 47
  • img052.jpg
    img052.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 41
Great news and good job everyone making this a reality. So now to the big question; how do I get to dive this amazing ship when I'm in Sydney in the last week of May?

Grrr. Double post

Last edited:
Great news and good job everyone making this a reality. So now to the big question; how do I get to dive this amazing ship when I'm in Sydney in the last week of May?

I *heard* it's going to be 8 weeks or so until they open it to the public - needs to be checked out first to make sure it's safe. So last week of May might be pushing it

When they sank the HMAS Canberra in Melbourne, they found a few minor issues - fittings come loose, one of the cut-outs didn't blow right out - that had to be fixed, which delayed the opening by a month or so IIRC

Try Pro Dive Central Coast or Terrigal Dive Centre

indeed... what i've also *heard* is that there's no discrete time period... it's when the safety/technical people believe the ship has settled and is safe to dive. 8-12 weeks was quoted to me as a general time period given past scuttlings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom