Fantasy Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think we will have to wait and see what actual customers in this situation are going to go through in order to get satisfaction. It will probably shed some light on what exactly went down. Hopefully they will share their experiences honnestly.

And more importantly, I hope FI will pull through this and keep giving a good product: Quality diving and good value.

Cheers!:coffee:

If TIME2DIVE was legally an "agent" for the property, any reservations they took money on are contract obligations by FI as if they were written in stone.

That is Law School 101, as in the Western Union "I'll fix your clock" case.

Fantasy Island Beach Resort, Dive & Marina is a hotel with a long history of hospitality and service...

And that is exactly the crux of the biscuit. As in: here we go again.

memo to FI Resort: dump that distressing video of the Prince Albert shore dive.

And more importantly, I hope FI will pull through this and keep giving a good product: Quality diving and good value.

Cheers!:coffee:

Hi CODMAN,
I can assure FIBR Team is working really hard into making a better product for our clients. Putting a lot of effort in remodeling the facilities, getting new equipment, working on the service, etc.

Hi CODMAN,
I can assure FIBR Team is working really hard into making a better product for our clients. Putting a lot of effort in remodeling the facilities, getting new equipment, working on the service, etc.
Great, but - FI must honor payments & bookings made to the authorized booking agent regardless of problems between the resort and the agent. You authorized them.

I stayed at fibr in December, about one month after management changed hands.

They were still in transition, but my son and I were impressed with the activity underway and had a great time.

I did, however, make a mistake that cost me $125, which I blame Rich for.

When I booked the trip through rich, I included nitrox for my son and myself at $125 each. (yes, that was my mistake.) Before our trip, I emailed rich that my son didn't take the nitrox course, so he wouldn't be using it. Rich emailed back to email him after the trip so that he could verify that my son didn't use nitrox.

During the trip, my son paid additionally for AOW and nitrox courses. His nitrox course included two tanks of nitrox, but he only used one.

When we returned, I emailed rich and he said he would verify my son's usage. Never heard back from rich. I followed up with rich several weeks later. Again, no reply.

Given the way rich handled this, I tend to think my $125 is in his pocket, not fibr's, but I'll probably never know.

Ron Guy

Any of you who frequent this board know that I have been Fantasy Island Resort's most loyal customer and supporter for years now. We have been to Fantasy Island so many times that I quit counting, but it has been at least three or four times a year for the past several years. We were there before the property was leased to Privilege Hotels, we were there DURING the tenure of the Privilege Hotels team and we have been there twice since the owner took the resort back on November 1st.

I love the place so much that I decided it would be fun to work with Fantasy Dive Travel answering the telephone and talking to people about a place I dearly loved...and it was a blast! Unfortunately it was very short-lived. When Fantasy Dive Travel stopped representing Fantasy Island Resort, I chose to end my brief stint as a booking agent.

While I will not discuss private matters between two businesses that are clearly at odds, I will certainly share the fact that I don't think anybody has been more severely affected by this nightmare than me. I have been planning a big "Birthday Bash" for my husband's 70th birthday for the past 9 months. I recruited our dive buddies to join us at Fantasy Island for a great time. They willingly jumped in and paid to book at Fantasy Island. I paid for our kids and grandkids to fly down to Roatan with us. They wanted to see the place we love so much and meet the friends we love so dearly. They saved every penny they could scratch together to pay their share of the resort cost. I booked for all of us and we paid THOUSANDS of dollars well in advance for this grand celebration.

For the past nine months our family has been eagerly anticipating this trip. Last weekend we all spent the weekend at our local dive shop so six of them could become the newest and next generation of divers in our family. The excitement level was so high and we were all so happy. Then came this week. After years of what I thought was a great relationship with Fantasy Island, I received a telephone call notifying me that our reservations would not be honored. There is no way to describe what I have been through since that time…the shock is impossible to describe and I won’t even try.

I have imagined every possible scenario for trying to make sure our family and friends are taken care of. Since I feel responsible for getting them there in the first place, I’m thinking we’re going to have to fork over the entire cost of a trip for 16 people – I had no idea what to do. Our birthday celebration quickly turned into a nightmare. All I can say is that Rich Henry and Fantasy Dive Travel have come through in a big way. Not only did he re-book us at another resort, it is a phenomenal, brand new facility called Media Luna that I have wanted to visit for a long time. Every time we went to dive Calvin’s Crack on the East end of the island we would go by this awesome place that was in the midst of construction and I’d always comment that I wanted to go there some day. Well, it looks like my wish is finally coming true. Rich sent confirmations to us this morning and we will all be experiencing a new place together. The most amazing part is that he is doing this at no additional cost to us, and my understanding is that he is doing the same for every other customer who is affected by Fantasy Island’s refusal to accommodate them.

It’s not exactly the trip we were expecting, but somehow I believe it will be so much more. Rich has been quite a stand-up guy through this whole nightmare and he has really saved the day for us. I cannot find the words to express the extreme gratitude I feel toward Rich for saving us from being kicked to the curb. Anybody who says he is not doing his absolute best to salvage an unimaginable situation is not telling the truth. I really do not want to get involved in any of this other than to relate my own personal experience, so there it is.

‘Diva

CajunDiva, I have been concerned about you and your wonderful hubby, even tho I forgot about the BDbash. Wow! I am so happy that Rich came thru for you, even tho I know you are still heartbroken over this mess. :sad:
Given the way rich handled this, I tend to think my $125 is in his pocket, not fibr's, but I'll probably never know.
I hope Rich comes thru for all affected and/or the resort honors legal bookings by their authorized agent on record on the dates paid.

I would still get my credit card bank involved immediately. Get them on your side now so they can ensure you get what you should...!

If your trip is still a go, take everything in writing and have a back up plan with money.

:mad:

Grrr...!!​

I wasn't going to comment on all this but I am part of CajunDiva's group leaving for Roatan next Saturday and this is my very first time in Roatan. My SO and I have been looking forward and saving for this trip to FIBR for 9 months now and it's very heartbreaking to think that 1 week before your trip you may not have a place to stay. I'd like to also commend Rich for stepping up and making sure that we were all taken care of. Even though I always try to put my positive spin on things it has been a very stressful week.

I wasn't going to comment on all this but I am part of CajunDiva's group leaving for Roatan next Saturday and this is my very first time in Roatan. My SO and I have been looking forward and saving for this trip to FIBR for 9 months now and it's very heartbreaking to think that 1 week before your trip you may not have a place to stay. I'd like to also commend Rich for stepping up and making sure that we were all taken care of. Even though I always try to put my positive spin on things it has been a very stressful week.

I love you Scuba-Daughter...you have been so upbeat and positive through this whole nightmare - I'm so happy to have you as an honorary member of the cajun crew :wink: :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom