Curacao Breezes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All West has packages for room, truck and shore diving.

Date of review: Mar 23, 2011

My brother, daughter and I traveled to Westpunt to dive for a week and stayed at All West Apartments. This is our second trip to All West and it was perfect. We arranged for a package that included a small pickup and unlimited shore diving with Ocean Encounters for the week. Diving was (of course) awesome, beautiful reef less than 100 yards off the beach and the truck allowed us to dive anywhere we wanted on the island that is shore divable. We also did one 2 tank boat trip so that we could do Mushroom Forest and that too was perfect. The apartment was exactly what we needed, 2 twin beds in one room for my brother and I, a sofa\futon bed that my daughter used in the living room. The rooms were clean, the bathroom was clean, plenty of hot water for showers, stove cooked most of our meals, everything was pretty much perfect. Is it a 4 star resort? NO! Was the staff friendly and helpful? Yes. Was it the perfect location for a week of diving some of the nicest reefs in the world? YES!

* Reviewer ratings for this hotel:
o 5 of 5 stars Value (From Trip Advisor)

We are going to Breezes at the end of May. This will be our second trip to Curacao, but the first time to stay at Breezes. We have non-divers travelling with us, and needed an option for childcare with my 4-year old son so we chose the all-inclusive this time.

It is the second time to Curacao for my husband and I. The last time we stayed at Habitat Curacao and did rent a truck to hit the shore dives (we are renting one again here). We didn't have any problems finding our way around, and loved the privacy of the dive sites. At most of them, we were the only divers there!

Our package includes several boat dives with Ocean Encounters, but we will be making several shore dives as well. We also like to explore the island at our own pace, so a vehicle is a must for us on any trip we make.

Hey WicketsMom,

Let me know how it goes at the Breezes. I am going in Mid July and I have read mixed reviews on the place, so I am hpoing for the best.

Ocean Encounters seems very good at returning email, but Breezes has not returned any.

WicketsMom

Thanks for the input. Was it hard to find trucks, as they don't seem to be as prevalent as they are in Bonaire? Also, what was the cost of the rental truck?
No one answered my previous question; hopefully you would know the answer. Do a lot of the dive sites require an entrance fee, and about how much is it?
We are trying to decide if it’s worth renting a truck verses just using the Dive Bus or boat diving.

I have visited Curacao but never been diving there I didnt find it to be anything special as far as surface interval stuff to do, I have heard that the diving in Bonaire is far superior. Some of my friends said you can just dive in from any beach and there is just reef everywhere. I figured I would suggest it since it is right by Curacao.

Hello all... if you need any info regarding diving the West side of Curacao or staying at All West Apartments, please do not hesitate to email me directly!!

Additionally, check out the OEW FB Fan Page and the OEW YouTube Channel for what you can expect from diving the West!!

Even if you decide to stay in the East... rent a car/truck and check out the diving and snorkeling! You will not be disappointed!!

I had a blast at Breezes Curacao. Went alone but met lots of friendly people. Mostly Canadians and Dutch. Decent food. Drink all the top shelf liquor you can hold (or not), bring a big insulated mug if you like beer. I was there in December. Diving mornings and partying around the pool all afternoon. Games, volleyball, participate and you'll have a good time.

Will be there in July this summer. Relaxing mornings. Diving afternoons and evenings. Party till late. The house reef is awesome at night. Especially later, well after sunset.

Caveat: beach is not sand. It's crushed coral. If you play volleyball and dive for one, you will get skinned up. Abrasions and diving don't mix well.

We have a group of seven people, so we are getting a 12-person van from Avis. Without any extra insurance, it is $452 for the week. They had a 7-seater as well, but it was only $30 less so we are opting for more room for dive gear.

We stayed at Kura Hulanda in Westpunt in early April 2011 and dove 6 days with Ocean Encounters West (OEW). The boats had 20 divers or so, but they always put in at least two dive masters. One of the crew was always there to take fins, cameras and help people on the boat. They were well run and fun to be with. My wife and I have been all over the Caribbean in the last 13 years, and I would rank OEW as one of the better dive boat ops we have been associated with. Clearly this group of individuals is different than what NorthernShrinkage ran into at Breezes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom