Hello from the North East

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mud8847

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Greetings All,

I meant to post here first and introduce myself but got seduced by the new divers forum participation! This is a great resource and one I can’t believe I didn’t think of prior to having issues to socialize, network, connect, and build relationships!

I am a new diver OW certified in the Galapagos February of 2010. I’m born and bread in the north east specifically NY, however, have been trying to relocate for warmer climates. I’ve since logged 6 dives in various places around the Caribbean. I am addicted and always have been. I want more more more education, training, information, and especially dives!

Dam, first dives in the Galapagos. Sure beats Lake George.

Orrin is right, hop into DNY and introduce yourself. As long as you have not made the move to warmer climes yet, you might as well get to know others who share the passion for UW, and who are also mostly stuck in the cooler NY area.

Greetings All,

I meant to post here first and introduce myself but got seduced by the new divers forum participation! This is a great resource and one I can’t believe I didn’t think of prior to having issues to socialize, network, connect, and build relationships!

I am a new diver OW certified in the Galapagos February of 2010. I’m born and bread in the north east specifically NY, however, have been trying to relocate for warmer climates. I’ve since logged 6 dives in various places around the Caribbean. I am addicted and always have been. I want more more more education, training, information, and especially dives!

Think globally, dive locally. Any idea what is in you own backyard? :shocked2:

I'm likely to get gutted alive by the owner for posting this link here, but go for it: Scuba Diving - New Jersey & Long Island New York - Wreck Valley

-lots of great dive boats, almost can't go wrong. PM me for my highly biased opinions.

How some of the locals do it:
Coastal/Great Lakes Forecasts by Zone - East - New York, NY Watch for a week's worth of flat (2-4 foot :D) seas to improve visibility, then book for the weekend if forecast is favorable. Remember that a forecast is just a scientific guess. Never really know until you poke your nose out of the inlet...

Or you can just stay blue water, pink fish...:eyebrow:

Hello All,

Glad to meet everyone! I am told I'm about 2 hours away from Dutch Springs. I have recently begun developing a local family run dive shop, which has been in business for 30+ years. Very nice people! I have also popped over to the NY board and hopefully will begin to be a fixture over there! :)

Hello All,

Glad to meet everyone! I am told I'm about 2 hours away from Dutch Springs. I have recently begun developing a local family run dive shop, which has been in business for 30+ years. Very nice people! I have also popped over to the NY board and hopefully will begin to be a fixture over there! :)

That was suppose to read developing a relationship with a local family run dive shop. :)

Back
Top Bottom