Oneida Lake sunken tugboat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

klauricella

Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had info on the tugboat Thomas H that sunk in 1945. It was found in 1987 in about 50' of water by Cleveland on the north shore. I have one set of GPS coordinates that I have gone to but can not find. The lake vis is pretty bad right now(about 3") so I could have been right next to it and not seen it. Also supposed to be 3 barges that went down with it.
Thanks
Kevin

Any luck on finding the coordinates to the tug boat? Can you send the coordinates you have now? Thanks
Tim

where is it i have sss and sounds like a great hunt low viz and a search count me in give me a buz

I have not been out lately got swimmers ear then went out of town for work. Might try once more this year. Couple other people have been out looking with no luck. Might have to wait till spring then we will be able to see more than 3 feet.

Kevin

u guys got the coords yet? they werent that difficult to find.
Let me know if u need them.

My son and I r into geocaching and I'm an inactive diver. We might go after the wreck remote style. the coordinate set looks very accurate.

u guys got the coords yet? they werent that difficult to find.
Let me know if u need them.

My son and I r into geocaching and I'm an inactive diver. We might go after the wreck remote style. the coordinate set looks very accurate.

No Luck yet. The one time we did dive the vis was about 2 feet, we did dive a barge near bye the Tug. Hope to find the tug next year, Any cords you have I would be very happy to see, Thanks!!!

Two sets of coordinates r floating around on the internet. The ones that seem to be correct are:

N43.204283333
W075.88608333

They were provided by Phil Church, a local shipwreck diver/photographer. He actually provided a map in an adobe document. I can send if u provide an email. I imagine he has pics of the wreck but there dont seem to be any easily found. I looked on Goggle Satellite imagery but wasnt able to confirm.

sonar shooting thru the ice didnt work. now that the ice has lifted, making an attempt this monday. Have fish tv and sonar unit. renting boat. will post any results.

made a heck of an attempt last monday to find cleveland barge and struck out. I think the coords posted on that map might b bad. making another attempt as soon as weather permits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom