GLWC Spring M&G April 15-17, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like my gas grill is D.O.A. but everything else is coming along with a 12 cup coffee pot that I forgot to mention.

John Walko and I both have gas grills, so we'll be OK.

If it's rainy and cold as the weather service is predicting, I most likely won't be there this spring.

If it's rainy and cold as the weather service is predicting, I most likely won't be there this spring.

YOU WUSS!!! I'll never let you live it down You just live in your drysuit all weekend. Com'on Randy----Man UP!!! You control the weather---don't let the weather control you. (said by an old Polish philosopher--me.)

John Walko and I both have gas grills, so we'll be OK.

I'll definitely have my gas stove. I have a small charcoal grill,, but my gas frill is too big to bring.

I'll also be bringing a couple of tarps. Worst case, we can zip tie them together and make a canopy to keep the rain off.

I picked up some paper plates and I'll get some plastic ware (forks, knives). I'm bringing a case of water (bottles) and a couple of gallons of water (for tea, coffee, etc.). If I remember, I'll get a couple of cans of soup to warm up as well.

Now...hopefully my truck will make the trip (when you see my truck...you'll understand...).

John

I'll definitely have my gas stove. I have a small charcoal grill,, but my gas frill is too big to bring.

I'll also be bringing a couple of tarps. Worst case, we can zip tie them together and make a canopy to keep the rain off.

I picked up some paper plates and I'll get some plastic ware (forks, knives). I'm bringing a case of water (bottles) and a couple of gallons of water (for tea, coffee, etc.). If I remember, I'll get a couple of cans of soup to warm up as well.

Now...hopefully my truck will make the trip (when you see my truck...you'll understand...).

John

You're the MAN, John I'm looking forward to this event. Ya, see Randy,---we're gonna be in the lap of luxury regardless of the weather. Don't make me come after you!!

You go Denny!!!! :D

Next Randy is going to be saying he can't go because he has to go look for a sailboat! :wink:

Dust of that dried out scuba gear and come diving! Im sure a bunch of us can do a scuba refresher class for you at Gilboa! :mooner:

Ya know, when I read this comment, I thought I heard a little whining in his voice, like some girly-man.

I am bringing my canopy tent and some tarps. I will also bring some smores and possibly potatoe salad. See ya there.

At present I am in a nice, dry, warm bed, but in 45 minutes I will have to head to work. The second wife (my employer) has been getting more demanding by the day.

Kathleen wants to know know if the recipient of the TOP SECRET Quarry Cake recipe has made any for the group in her absence. We will try to be there in the fall. We miss you there. Our thoughts will be there with you by the campfire.

Kathleen and I hope to make it down there in the fall.

Greetings Great Lake Wrecking Crew we had a great time of diving and hanging out around the campfire.
I arrived in time on Friday for the Red Pig dinner and enjoyed sharing dinner with Ian a new fellow hoosier from Bloomington IN as well as the crew.
Grouper and aspearagus with mixed vegies was really great and of coarse a tall Amber Bach.
Back to the fire and more fellowship with crew members new and old!

Personally did two dives on Satrday the first was the quest for Grimace!
He was found in in about 90-95 feet of water and his eyes cleaned off a celebratory jig and back to the dock. 104' max depth and 46 minutes long Participants Denny, Mike, and Cam.
Second dive was a group of us and we did a short tour of 35 minutes max depth of 40'.
Water temps were around 40º and some were diving wet and some dry so the dive times were adjustable depending on comfort.
I am not going to try to list everyone at this time but it was a fun dive diving around the silted areas where students were training.
Camp fire was great and lunch was awesome! So much great food I ate myself sick!
Had a blast hanging out with the group we really need to do this more!

As we broke camp this morning it was sad to think that it will this fall before we all get together again.
Awesome group of people of whom I will see through out the summer on dive boats and at the quarry.
Great event, good dives, great friends!
Thanks all look forward to seeing you all soon!

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom