Recommendation for Cancun Area in April?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggerber

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey Divers! Greetings from the far northern reaches of Wisconsin. A friend who has just recently become recertified after many years out of the water and I (been diving only a few years and have a total of 26 dives so far) will be staying a week at the Grand Mayan just south of Cancun at the end of this month (April 2011). Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced diving guide company that would take good care us? Thanks!

This is one of those questions that repeats every couple days....

A lot of SB users have dove with Ben & Jorge from ScorpioDivers.
My wife and I dive every May with Alvaro from AlwaysDiving.
You can't go wrong with either.

We always use Ben and Jorge from Scorpio Divers. Safe and fun group of people. Make sure to have him take you for fish tacos after the dive. The best I have ever had. :D

Hey, just got back from Cancun, and did 4 dives with Ben and Jorge at Scorpio Divers. Had a blast! Send them an e-mail, and they will get back to you usually within an hour. Have fun!

I just came back from a month in Puerto Aventuras which is about 25 km from Grand Mayan. I dive with Aquanauts Dive Shop there and have for 5 years. THEY ARE GREAT. Very safety conscious, the reefs are great and lots of wildlife. Also if you have non-divers they can do a swim with the Dolphins while you are underwater. You may want to go into Cancun and dive the new "Museum" they have about 200 statues underwater you can swim around. I haven't done it but will next time I'm there. Another shop is Geo-Fish Divers in PdC. I would do Aquanauts first though, tell them Murray sent you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom