tommydsports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've bought 3 wetsuits from them and only had issues with the zipper on once of suit so far.
Don't know about the other equipment listed.

He did go out of his way to rush deliever a 7mm last spring so I'm a happy customer.
Are you kidding me; 33% DOA and you're happy. I bought one from tommyD and the zipper disintegrated on the third dive; a boat dive that cost me $95.

In general, companies that you come across while randomly searching on-line are always considered to be the very best places to buy gear, especially when they have insanely cheap prices!

Of this, there is very little debate.

:eyebrow:

Well, this is quite an intro from a supposed experienced diver. Nothing like a little arrogance to turn new people onto diving.

Just dropped in for some good insightful info from experienced divers and come across a smartass comment basically running down the ignorance of the new guys.

So is ther edive-snobbery?

Welcome, Boo.

The fellow is just being sarcastic. As you proceed in diving, you'll learn what items are worth paying big for, and which are not. Experienced divers often use a knife made from a cheap steak knife, not a $100 beauty. A regulator "necklace" made from surgical hose is just as satisfactory as store-bought. A $1 pair of garden gloves can protect your hands just as well as "dive" gloves. I wear these on wrecks.

There is a discount wetsuit called an "EVO" that is popular here in Florida, at a fraction of dive shop prices. And... a lot of folks have given good words about the Tommy suit.

I got help and advice from experienced divers when I started out years ago. Maybe you can find a few in your area that would be helpful. Like the rest of us, just dive and learn.

Well, this is quite an intro from a supposed experienced diver. Nothing like a little arrogance to turn new people onto diving.

Just dropped in for some good insightful info from experienced divers and come across a smartass comment basically running down the ignorance of the new guys.

So is ther edive-snobbery?

OK so you have met RJP. I believe he makes a living manipulating peoples' buying behavior. Sometimes I think he comes here just to practice. But that does not mean he can't help other divers with many things.

Who knows, only he, at a year out, RJP may have been otherwise
sidetracked or occupied with Barack H Obama's election campaign.

I'll say this about Tommy D's. have a couple of his wetsuits. Constantly growing son uses one as I can't justify $200 suits every year. I have a farmer john/step in 5mm for deeper quarry dives. When I ordered it it was a little too big. used there $10 exchange and got a size smaller. Liesure Pro will do this for nothing but you will pay more overall. Tommy's quality is decent. Not as smooth on the inside as my Henderson, but a rash guard handles that.

But i think the OP was asking about BCD's and regs. Wetsuits keep you warm BCD's and regs keep you alive. Without seeing them in person I would probably not buy them without knowing who made them. May be the same company making the Sea Elite stuff, don't know.

I can say I have seen those and the 1st and seconds are OK but the lp hoses were junk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom