The dumbest post in SB history

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like when Marciano beat Ali in 1967. They never actually fought and there's no way to know who would really have won.
You got it.

They're doing that now with animal "face-offs," as well as "warrior" face-offs (i.e. Spartan vs. Ninja; Gladiator vs. Samurai; etc). Impossible matches...

They enter all the possible strengths, weaknesses, parameters, history, proclivities, etc., and the computer crunches the outcomes...

Pretty soon, we won't need the real thing... in more ways than one...

Pathetic, isn't it...

I remember reading about a real documented case of a hippo which charged into the salt water on the East coast of Africa (hippos don't normally live near the ocean) and was set upon by sharks. The sharks tore it apart. I am afraid I don't know heights, weights, measurements or physical condition.

I also remember YouTube footage a couple of years back of a fight between an Orca and a Great White. To my surprise, the Orca killed the Great White. I had assumed the Great White would be much too fast for the Orca, but clearly not. Apparently Great Whites don't have that same frightening speed that smaller sharks have.

In CGI world? It is whatever variables the programmer chooses to plug in.

They enter all the possible strengths, weaknesses, parameters, history, proclivities, etc., and the computer crunches the outcomes...

Pathetic, isn't it...

You're right... I never play World of Warcraft... paper and pencil for D&D was enough for me.

You're right... I never play World of Warcraft... paper and pencil for D&D was enough for me.
You bring back college memories...

I don't even *allow* WoW on my home network... too many DDoS attacks after the kids have been playing a while...

I am going to say the Great White against any current living animal except the Orca.

Who'd win a fight, a great white or a hippo? ...
2. ...but the shark is chivalrous. If the hippo needs to go get a gulp of air, the shark will respect its need and let it go for air unharmed.
Well, that pretty much answers the question at least why the hippo has a chance on the computer program! :wink:

Porkfried:
The bull shark couldnt pierce the hippos skin

Well, that tells me it's a case of garbage in, garbage out. A bite by a Bull Shark would slice through a hippo's skin like a hot knife through butter.

I remember reading about a real documented case of a hippo which charged into the salt water on the East coast of Africa (hippos don't normally live near the ocean) and was set upon by sharks. The sharks tore it apart. I am afraid I don't know heights, weights, measurements or physical condition.

I also remember YouTube footage a couple of years back of a fight between an Orca and a Great White. To my surprise, the Orca killed the Great White. I had assumed the Great White would be much too fast for the Orca, but clearly not. Apparently Great Whites don't have that same frightening speed that smaller sharks have.

In CGI world? It is whatever variables the programmer chooses to plug in.

I read about a similar incident, maybe its the one you are thinking of. An African Elephant, dying of thirst, started swimming to a nearby island in search of water. Witnesses saw it being attacked by a shark or sharks, and it never made it to the nearby island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom