Divers to ride jet u/w while sinking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it's in 21' of water, is the tail going to be almost at the surface?
(I can't tell how tall the plane is from belly to top of tail.)

Edit: Okay, I looked it up and the cabin door height is 4'. So looking at the photo, maybe the plane is only around 12' tall, and will be about 10' below the surface.

Riding in the plane while it's being submerged sounds scary to me. What if you couldn't equalize? Or if it got all silty inside and you couldn't find the exit? I'm getting the heebeejeebies like I did when the soldiers had to ride that "cockpit" into the pool at high speed in "An Officer and a Gentleman."

from the pictures i have seen they have gone to great lengths to clean out the inside of the plane....and my plane if i could ride it would be to know a way out even if i was blinded by the almost inevitable silt that would occur.

As far as equalization...i guess anything could happen but it would not be my first dive of that day and i have never had problems with equalizing before but would go off how i felt on the earlier dives.

I would do it. If I couldn't equalize which would be very unusual, I figure I could always bail out. For the silt out, stay close to the door for an easy exit. The plane has been cleared out for recreational divers. There should not really be any hazards or hang up points to prevent or hinder escaping the cabin. It isn't like this a technical wreck.

how do you get past the tsa screening for this one?

Okay, I didn't post earlier because I figured my question was a stupid one, but now I'm getting the idea that it's not, so I'll ask it now.

That plane doesn't have any large exit holes cut in the fueslage? I assumed of course it did, but now I'm learning it doesn't.

One way in and out with 9 other divers blocking the only way out?

That's a death trap. No way in hell you'd catch me or anybody I cared about doing something as stupid as riding it to depth.

My prayers will be with you that we don't see another post in the accidents section of the forum on May 29th, with 100 replies of "Why would anybody have thought this was a good idea?"

If somebody was filming a Hollywood movie and it required somebody to film in this thing as it happened you could be sure their would be way more safety precautions and redundancies being taken then there will be with 10 yahoos on this death ride. Think about it.

Know the facts, The jet has TWO EXITS, ONE ON EACH SIDE, ABOVE THE WINGS, 50'span,can't flip over in 20'ft water, 60'ft lenght, can't over turn, dragging in at walking speed,Instructors only are riding,and we have done this three times already....

Back
Top Bottom