Divers to ride jet u/w while sinking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd do it.
To heck with the naysayers! Hook me up!
I can wait an hour before I exit. I just need to look for the exit lights.

Ok, I will try to ease your mind about the jet ride for those who think it's not a good idea!
Why do we ride the wrecks in?
It gives a few instructors, shop owners, and trained salvage divers a chance
to plan, and practice a dive, in a controlled enviroment, and to experiance a possible total loss of visability mixed with a little unusual, and to hopfully make them a more comfident and calm in a simular situation, after all, don't we all want to increse our skill level.
Yes this is well planned out. Yes there is safety lines running to BOTH the exits on either side of the jet. Yes there is extra air supplys inside jet.
Yes there is trained rescue divers trained to lift bag the jet waiting outside in the unlikly event the need should arise.
Anyone riding in who hasn't done this before, but has the training level, will be buddied up with one of the eight divers who have done this at least three times.
No one will be allowed in the ride with clearing problems.
NO ONE will be put in a position they are not trained to handle.
Safety will always be first. PLAN YOU DIVE @ DIVE YOUR PLAN

While always adding cool wrecks to explore and train on here at the Athens Scuba Park, why pass up the oppertunity to have some fun, and to use our training.
Hope you all come to enjoy this event.

I would be more concerned setting on a runway getting ready to take off than setting in this getting ready to go in the water.

I have road in two before at asp. It is a fun ride, and you can bet i will have my ticket punch on this ride. It will be well planned and safety will be the first concern. The last jet took 20 minutes to sink and i wrote two pages in my log book about it. Guys it is quite a ride. How many people have a friend crazy enough to sink a jet? How about two jets? To all good luck......

My congradulations to Calvin and Shanon for a safe and fun jet sinking. The event was a blast. The jet had a slow descent that was so gentle that it had little to no effect on the silt bottom. There is also a 28 volt power supply to power the crafts lights at night. We are talking cool night diving now. This is a must dive this summer and i would suggest a night dive as well. To all good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom