Springfest IV (2011) Th Apr 28 - Sun May 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know most of you will not see this until you return home, But for obvious reasons I can not attend the festivities Saturday night. I hope that everyone has fun.

My wife and I are ok. My child who lives in Cullman is also ok. We had no damage just loss of power. But with so very many of my close friends and neighbors in the area with severe damage I can not make myself feel good about going away for fun when there is so very much to be done.

Drink 1 or 5 for me.

I know most of you will not see this until you return home, But for obvious reasons I can not attend the festivities Saturday night. I hope that everyone has fun.

My wife and I are ok. My child who lives in Cullman is also ok. We had no damage just loss of power. But with so very many of my close friends and neighbors in the area with severe damage I can not make myself feel good about going away for fun when there is so very much to be done.

Drink 1 or 5 for me.
I was getting ready to PM you to see how you fared. Glad all are OK.
Miss you guys. :depressed:

The Choctawhatchee River is predicted to crest Saturday noon at 3.7 feet at Caryville. This may change with the cold front and resultant thunderstorms mid week but for right now it looks great. Surface water temperature in the Gulf is measured at 78 degrees. Actual dive reports from the St Andrews west jetty stated that 3mm wetsuits were comfortable last weekend. Thursday enjoyed a neap tide with only 0.4 foot change throughout the day. Friday through Sunday high tides are around 8:30 in the morning and 5:30 in the afternoon with tidal changes increasing from 0.8 foot on Friday to 1.3 feet on Sunday. Seas over the weekend are expected to be in the 2 to 4 foot range.

Saturday evening enjoy a barbecue and DJ Johnny Mac and Tamilynn. Eat, drink, socialize, dance, and sing the evening away. Friendships made at the Springfest are those that last a lifetime. Come for the whole time, come for a day, come for an hour but just be there. This is one you don’t want to miss.

It's a beautiful morning at Vortex! Mist coming from the water as we did a three mile run and enjoyed the beautiful sunrise. The big fest is tonight - Johnny Mac and Tamilynn will be here. Aquaventures of Tifton and Vortex are two sponsors of the entertainment. Vortex is donating a scuba tank for raffel and the money will go to disaster relief in Alabama. Get on up, get the younguns in the truck and come on down! Right now - we're off the Cypress Spring!!

I hate you all!!!

Don't worry, it's an impersonal thing, I'm just cranked bc I couldn't make it down for the fun :wink:

Wish I could be there, but since I'm not I'll just wish all who did make it a fun & safe weekend.

Maybe october will work out better for me.

JM just started the music, the coals are gettin hot and the shrimp is aboil.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom