Uwatec Aladin Air X

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

If you don't have the usn flying after diving tables then msg me with your profile and i'll give you the time to fly (at x,000 feet). Please note your no fly time and your desat time.

Ed

Well back from the wonderful waters of Guam - with my alarms turned off except the time it went into CNS seizure because I forgot to change the nitrox mix!!

What I did note was that after dive 1 I usually had a no fly time of about 7 hours and a DSAT of around 15 hours and after dive 2 a no fly of 12-15 hours with a DSAT of somewhere in the region of 25 hours by the end of the week.

The dive profile were varied but usuaully something like:
Dive 1 30% Nitrox max depth 35m total dive time 40mins
Dive 2 40% Nitrox max depth 20m total dive time 60mins

They were also multi-level say - 35m, 20m, 15m & 10m with long safety stops of min 5 mins at 5m.

I felt comfortable with the no fly info and DSAT given by the computer but still left it what turned out to be 46 hours before flying due to the airport delays. I even turned down the opportunity to dive on the Saturday which would have still given me 24 hours plus very shallow as it was a beach cleanup. Don't worry I did still help out on the beach cleanup, just not in the water.......

I guess the advice is stick to what you have learnt and signed up to. Computers have made a great contribution to recreational diving but always err on the conservative side - if the tables say 12 hours and the computer 7 hours then 12 hours it is.

Jonathan

I think there's one thing I can say about the Aladin computers, aspecialy aafter Keilid's story and reading here.

Dont buy it!
It's expensive, way more than suunto, and definitely not as good.

Way to go suunto!
cheap computers, with modern algorithms. When my first Vyper was stolen, I just bought a new one. Can't imagine diving without it.

Just being me and curious about it has anyone taken apart a memo mouse to build a replicant? Also will the software off of Uwatec's site work with the simple interface that you built. I do agree that most local dive shops will change it as many times as you would like I changed the alarms before I went to belieze and didn't have any problems with it.

I have recently purchased the UWATEK Memo Mouse and have downloaded from the Uwatek website the most recent version of Datatalk. However where the breath setting are it is blank, and doesn't allow me to change the settings on my Air Z Nitrox compuer as well as the nitrox setting.Whats the deal is it me or the memo mouse?

SPRANDER240,
You have to have the memo mouse and the dive computer connected to the PC for the breath setting to appear. I connect all and get the dive computer to the logbook, then click "read" on the DataTalk. As soon as the timer appears bring dive computer to first dive. The dive computer will then link with the software and you will be able to change settings. The nitrox settings I set on the dive computer itself before each dive. Hope this helps. I have used Uwatec Aladin Air, Nitrox, and now Nitrox Z for 7 years with the same memo mouse(purchased from LDS). When I converted to Windows XP, I did have to download the new Data Trak Software from theUwatec internet site. Other than that, all has been great.

ScubaBurt:
SPRANDER240,
You have to have the memo mouse and the dive computer connected to the PC for the breath setting to appear. I connect all and get the dive computer to the logbook, then click "read" on the DataTalk. As soon as the timer appears bring dive computer to first dive. The dive computer will then link with the software and you will be able to change settings. The nitrox settings I set on the dive computer itself before each dive. Hope this helps. I have used Uwatec Aladin Air, Nitrox, and now Nitrox Z for 7 years with the same memo mouse(purchased from LDS). When I converted to Windows XP, I did have to download the new Data Trak Software from theUwatec internet site. Other than that, all has been great.
THANKS FOR THE INFO....IT WORKED!!!!! However what is LDS were you indicated you purchased your memo mouse?

THANKS FOR THE INFO....IT WORKED!!!!! However what is LDS were you indicated you purchased your memo mouse?

I just bought the memomouse...what a piece of junk. I had to haul out my old desktop computer as the cable connection is ancient and not found on my laptop or docking station. You would think uuatek would move to USB like everyone else on the planet. A few more secrets...the computer only keeps detailed info from your last 4 dives. The prongs do not stay in the computer very well either so it's a delicate dance to get everything downloaded. The amatuer interface and ancient cable are making me think twice about my purchase.

All that being said my printouts of my last 4 dives was eye opening and I am glad to have them. I only wish the process was easier.

Back
Top Bottom