Diving Koh Tao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rucus7

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and are going to be diving Koh Tao late June for 1 week. We are looking for a dive operator in the Sairee beach area. I realize there are many. It seems as though most are geared towards teaching. Fun dives are a distant second. Suggestions for shops that focus equally on diving as well as teaching, would be greatly appreciated.

DJL and Seashell would be decent choices on Sairee. Most of the shops on Tao focus primarily on running courses, but those two are smaller shops; without IDCs and with the flexibility to identify customer needs.

I'd rate Master Divers as one of the best diver focused operations on Tao, but that is in Mae Haad.

Master Divers , based in Mae Haad but that doesn't matter a bit as the island is so small.

They focus heavily on certified divers

I've heard good things about DJL (hey, nice pool!) and Seashell. Both are fine (smaller) shops.

I visited Koh Tao a few times last year, and I decided to dive with Scuba Junction, a medium-sized shop/school on Sairee. The staff there maintain max. 4 divers in groups, provide all divers with computers, and treat you like you're part of the family during your stay.

My duration on the island allowed me to complete approx. 45 dives with Scuba J, but I enrolled in only one course - Enriched Air. My instructor was great, but he has long since moved on somewhere new. However my return visits diving with the shop afforded me the opportunity to witness a dozen instructors conducting courses from beginner to pro. Based on their professionalism, courtesy, and true LOVE for introducing someone new into their salt-water world, I would rate their collective performance as outstanding.

Sairee has many operators from which to choose, but both myself and my buddy will surely return to Scuba Junction on our next Tao trip !!

The Shop

The Boat

Last edited:
I would also recommend Scuba Junction. I dived with them for 5 days last week and had a great time and some spectacular dives. They are somewhat centrally located on Sairee Beach too, which can be convenient.

+2 Master Divers, nice little friendly shop, not an instructor factory.

+3 Master Divers (later departure time means less divers on the sites), but if you don't fancy the extra 15 minute walk then Scuba Junction are a nice small shop full of equally friendly people.

+1 for scuba junction; was a few years ago but we thought v good

What's the 'best' way to get to Koh Tao from Bangkok if comfort is more important than either time or money?

I've looked at the various options here: WikiTravel Ko Tao

and elsewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom